Trade approved scales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade approved scales

I'm currently looking for some trade approved scales but I'm struggling, so if anyone can share where they got theirs from, that would be great. Ideally as cheap as possible. I thought I'd found a good set of cheap scales then realised they were pricing scales, which I don't think is what I need. Then on other sites it wasn't very clear if they were actually trade approved or not. So if you can guide to me to reasonably prices scales which have the M mark I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Hi, I found this a struggle too so I contacted my supplier who recommended these guys. They are not cheap and having to purchase them you will struggle to find anything "cheap"
    weighingscales.com
    If your product weighs more than 50g then increments of 1g are fine but if your cosmetics are small eg lip balm then you'll need precision scales which are trade approved.
    Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Comment

Much will depend on - the maximum and minimum wight you want.

For a max of 2kg with a min of 1mg increments expect to pay about £250 with an annual cost of "stamping" being £75

We used http://www.coventryscale.co.uk/indus...hipping-scales

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thank you both for your replies. I'll look into that company, although its hard to know for sure what I need and when it costs so much I don't want to end up with something I'm not happy with.

I hadn't realised that they had to be stamped annually too, yet another expense to add to my ever growing list. I'm starting to wonder how on earth people manage to make any kind of profit at all when you consider all the certification, insurance, scales etc Ah well, where theres a will, theres a way I guess

Comment

Working...
        X