Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soap Disaster!!! Any ideas what happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soap Disaster!!! Any ideas what happened?

Hi All

I have been making CP soaps for a couple of months now...all friends and family got soap for Christmas this year! I am hoping to start my own business later this year.

However, I seem to have had a disaster with a batch I made on 1st Jan - please see the photo attached.

SDC10724_small.jpg

This is a Lavender and Patchouli soap that I made using the following recipe:

800g Olive Oil
    400g Coconut Oil
    200g Shea Butter
    525g Water
    120g Sodium Hydroxide

I only used 20g of Lavender and Patchouli EO because as you can see there is some other soap (also Lavender and Patchouli) added. I made the purple soap in November so it was fully cured when I added it to this batch. I was unhappy with the colour of the purple one so this is why I decided to "re-batch" it.

In the photograph you can see that there are darker patched of what is almost translucent soap. If i press the soap in the middle it is still slightly soft. It looked like this when I unmolded and cut it after 24 hours, but assumed it was just the gelling phase....however after 4 weeks it hasn't gone away?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what has gone wrong? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Nina
Working...
X