Suppliers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppliers?

Hi All, quick hello i'm new to the craft and forums and just after some advice if you don't mind.

So far i'm struggling to find decent suppliers, some are rude have dreadful manners and as for dispatch times well...they have been shocking. I was wondering if you could point me to suppliers you think are decent for everything from bases, Fragrance oils, Essential oils, colours etc. I found a great mould Shop who have been brilliant now its just getting more ingredients from somewhere reliable that i'm really struggling with.

Also is there anyone you would avoid (understand if you don't reply to this but) but all help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance, hope your all having a great weekend

Mermie x

Bathbombbiz are very good. Being not too far away, I can go and collect what I order from them so I don't know what they are like regarding posting things out.

Could you post the name of the mould shop you found good. I'd be interested to know.

Comment

I mainly use JustASoap.co.uk they seem to be the cheapest for melt and pour soap bases, have lots of lovely FO's and EO's although don't have a wide variety of ingredients if you were to make cold process soap.
      For that i use GraceFruit.co.uk. Never had problems with either of them in terms of dispatching and communication.
      Sensory Perfection is good and has a wide variety of FO's (you name it, they have it). The turn around time is usually about 3 days but it does depend on how busy she is.

That's the only places really that i have used being problem free, hope that helps you

If you don't mind me asking, which places have u had problems with? So i know not to use them lol

Comment

Thank you so much for getting back to me, its very hard trying to start out and find the best possible suppliers.

I got some really nice moulds fromn themouldshop.co.uk they were fantastic and also on facebook and easily contacted.

I Had some problems with soaposh first with very slow dispatch, customer service and information on purchased item requestsIt is such a shame that there customers skills and service has let them down poorly, because they do have some wonderful things on their site, but I just cant be dealing with the rudeness and lack of manners. So Id rather just give my custom to someone who will have the kindness and professionalism you'd expect. Sorry for the little rant, i'm just baffled how people end up in business with the basic people skills x
        Last edited by Mermie; 21-01-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

hI, I too have had problems with Soaposh, spent an awful lot of money with them but now prefer to give it too people like 'Just a soap' and Bathbombbiz. Manners costs nothing as they say!

Comment

strangely enough i was going to say soaposh too! i just got told different things by different people and they were hard to get hold of at times. i wouldn't go back unless they had something i couldn't get elsewhere.

i made my first order from gracefruit today and had an email back within a couple of hours saying my order had been dispatched. so far so good.
            http://www.facebook.com/SpeckledFawnSoaps

Comment

as a follow-up to my last post, i was very happy with gracefruit's delivery. i ordered it in the morning and it came early afternoon one day later. i didn't even pick the next day delivery option, i picked the cheaper one which said it would be DISPATCHED the next day!
              http://www.facebook.com/SpeckledFawnSoaps

Comment

What I get put off by are the sites which don't include VAT in their pricing (not very transparent in my view and gives a false sense of the actual price) and add it on at checkout and also the extortionate delivery charges of many of them including Gracefruit and Sensory Perfection. It's OK if you put in a large order, but if you only want a single item (eg honey powder) £5.99 is very steep. Does anyone know a supplier of honey powder with reasonable P&P or any suppliers with reasonable P&P for anything?
                Last edited by Diane Allen; 06-02-2013, 11:10 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Allen View Post
                  What I get put off by are the sites which don't include VAT in their pricing (not very transparent in my view and gives a false sense of the actual price) and add it on at checkout and also the extortionate delivery charges of many of them including Gracefruit and Sensory Perfection. It's OK if you put in a large order, but if you only want a single item (eg honey powder) £5.99 is very steep. Does anyone know a supplier of honey powder with reasonable P&P or any suppliers with reasonable P&P for anything?

B2B sites always give prices ex vat - it only retail sites that have to give prices inc vat.

£5.99 for P&P is actually quite reasonable - someone has to be paid to pack the box - the box/label has a cost etc

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi

A a new cp soaper, I've found this thread really helpful. Have just placed an order with Gracefruit Ltd and would highly recommend them. Ordered over the Easter holiday weekend but arrived within 3 days using their cheapest delivery method. Very good communication allowing me to track my order. Was very impressed with their website and range/value of products. Will certainly use them again.

Carol

Comment

Hi Marmie, I had a same problem with some of the suppliers as well. I found out some good people over the internet, then I had a meeting with them they are amazing, quick delivery, worldwide shipping, specially in Europe most of the deliveries are free if you buy certain amount of products. You can find them over the internet they are [url deleted]. Thanks
                      Last edited by StefC; 14-04-2015, 01:40 PM. Reason: Advertising and non craft based links in signature
                      [non craft based links deleted]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X