Plastic toy and other non soap embeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic toy and other non soap embeds

Do any M&P soapmakers on here use them? Do you have to get permission from your Cosmetic Assessor to use them? I have asked mine but they are a bit busy at the moment.

It's just that I saw some soaps on sale yesterday with them in and they looked really good. It's something I would like to try if I was allowed.

I must admit that the issue of using things other than soap embeds has got me confused. For instance - soaps on ropes. Can I embed cord in the soap to make them without permission?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Being part of the EU has a lot to answer for!

Well, it appears that you do need permission from your safety assessment people to put plastic toys in soap. My assessor is looking at whether to add these to assessments, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Thank for the information, Diane! very useful, indeed.
      Long live your bar of soap!
      Evik
      My blog: http://curious-soapmaker.com

Comment

Happy to help!

Comment

Just found out that my safety assessor won't be including plastic toys in their revised M&P soap assessment as they won't have time to do a toxicology test before July.

Comment

Just read on Cosmetic Safety Assessment's facebook page that they are considering allowing plastic toys post July. So potentially good news there.

Comment

I wonder whether they would accept erasers as embeds? You can buy some quite animal ones which look good in M&P?

Comment

Probably not ... It seems that any​ non soap embed needs to be included in an assessment to allow it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X