Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for selling soap??!

Hiya,

Im new to soap making to sell... i've made soaps before but only for me and well family and friends however my fmaily and friends are now wanting me to sell them the soaps for gifts and things, and although so far touch wood ive not had any skin irritations i dont want to take the risk of being sued!! Can anyone advise where to get insurance from so that i can safely sell my soaps? I know its proberly a huge trade secret, but ive spent hours so far looking for some insurance and havent found anything relating to selling soap.

Thanks so much in advance

Laura x

Hi Laura

Welcome to the forum.

You will not be able to get insurance to sell handmade soap until you have them safety assessed and signed off.

Talk with your local TDS dept, they will be really helpful

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi Laura I am afraid that Jane is correct but once you do get your assessment done then try Ian Wallace [mod edit] hope that helps
      Last edited by removed10; 09-05-2012, 01:41 AM.
      Bath Bombs

Comment

have a look at soap business information on post number 9 on this thread http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...craft-business
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Hi
          I heard that Balens were good. I think there are also some details of insurance on the aromantic website, or in one of their newsletters.

Comment

Working...
          X