Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cornflour or cornstarch

Hello all
    I have been trying to figure out if cornflour is the same as cornstarch as i would like to reduce the greasy feeling in my butters

Has anybody figured it out
    Many thanks
    Rachel

They are the same. I believe cornstarch is what the americans call cornflower

edited because I can't spell!
    beadsbydesign
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by beadsbydesign; 16-09-2011, 08:22 AM.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Actually, we call corn starch, cornstarch - to thicken gravy and pie filling, and use in body powder. We call cornflour, cornmeal. For making cornbread, etc..

I canno0t stand the feel of cornstarch! Makes my skin crawl!

Comment

I know know how much you are thinking of adding but I add 3g of cornflour to 150g butter/oil base to my whipped shea, thought it might help

Comment

cornflour uk and cornstarch usa = same thing
          corn flour usa = totally different product!

Comment

American cornflour (cornmeal) is called cornmeal, maize flower or polenta in the UK.
            george
            www.mizgeorge.co.uk
            www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
            www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Originally posted by mizgeorge View Post
              American cornflour (cornmeal) is called cornmeal, maize flower or polenta in the UK.
              So that's what is is.

Comment

cornflour (UK) is recommended to reduce greasiness but I admit i dont use it cos it feels weird. If you feel that you need to use something then I think tapioca flour is better.
                Amanda

www.janeexelbys.blogspot.com

Comment

Just popping up to confuse you some more. I use corn flour to cook white sauces and custards with no lumps in them and I use corn starch or wheat starch to starch my linen ruffs. It turns limp fabric stiff as a board. I buy my cornstarch from book maker suppliers. I have to say they both look the same and act the same I just use milk for the eatables and water for the wearables.

If you ever get round to wanting to buy in quantity the bookmakers turn out a whole lot cheaper than the supermarkets.

(Hush all you Englanders. I know I said bookmakers. Bookmakers. Bookmakers. I'm not talking about betting on the horses.)

Annie
                  www.anniethepedlar.com

Comment

If you ever get round to wanting to buy in quantity the bookmakers turn out a whole lot cheaper than the supermarkets.
                    I'd like to place a £5.00 bet to win on soapy suds in the 2.40 Epsom. And I'd also like a big bag of Cornstarch please. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X