goats milk soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goats milk soap

hi does anyone know how much goats milk powder i would add to m&p soap base to make goats milk soap. I bought a ready made one from soaposh but it had no batch no's on so i have gone back to my usual supplier but they don't make a goats milk one. I have to use a uk company
    eileen

We have a goats milk soap spe******t on here, but she's based in America so will be on later and hopefully will be able to help you out.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
      We have a goats milk soap spe******t on here, but she's based in America so will be on later and hopefully will be able to help you out.
      I think like us, Susan only makes Goat's Milk Soap in CP.

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Good morning!

Jane is right, I am a CP soap maker. However, I just had a little look around...over here on this side of the internet.... I found mostly goat milk M&P base - i.e., it's already in there. But I found one site that said add up to 10% and another that said one tablespoon, but didn't say to how much M&P base you add this.

I would have a little google around on your side and see if you come up with a recipe you like.

Oh and i saw one site that said add powdered gm to the M&P just beofre pouring...that sounds to me like bad advice, but I could be wrong, since I don't have experience with this, but it seems to me you would end up with little blobs of dry gm in your bars. I would add a little bit of water to the powdered milk and get it nice and smooth before adding, and then add early on to make certain it was thoroughly incorporated.

Comment

thanks for the advice. most recipes i have say a percentage of extra ingredients ie oatmeal so maybe the goatsmilk will be the same . I have just finished making bath salts with brandy butter fragrance they smell fantastic
          eileen

Comment

Working...
          X