Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butters and water soluble colour

Hi guys

More brain picking Im afraid. I had the bright idea of using some fimo moulds I had here to make very small hearts using cocoa butter to then put in my bath bomb moulds before I pack them with bath bomb mixture. Im really pants at explaining things! I have some lovely water soluble colour powder that i would love to use but its not mixing with the liquid cocoa butter very well and the colour looks awful...any ideas?

Donna
    FACEBOOK PAGE:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Busyfi...08530162507226

Hi, Donna

Love the concept - are these the water soluble powders from Amanda (BBB)?

I think that the cocoa butter tends to put a yellow cast on some colours (I made some cold-process soap recently and my pink clay has a distinctly tan appearance).

Also, I noticed that in the bath melts recipe, she recommends using the pigment colours (the ultramarines/oxides) which probably mix better with the oils if you want to colour the melts - sorry I can't be of more help
    Hugs, Pam

Comment

No, thats a great help Pam...Ive got some of the ultramarines and oxides so Ill give them a go. Alternatively Ill just leave them cocoa butter coloured as the bombs are going to be pink or blue.

And yes, it is the lovely Amanda....she must see my emails come through and think OMG what does she want now!
      take care
      Donna
      FACEBOOK PAGE:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Busyfi...08530162507226

Comment

good information

Comment

One thing to look out for is that ultramarines are not stable at low pH and can react with the citric acid and produce a sulphur smell.

The water soluble powder won't mix well in oil but pigment powders usually work but they don't blend with the oil but are suspended in it. The also won't colour the bath water but you will end up with a coloured ring around your bath. Micas from memory are better but you loose the sparkle.

Powder dyes (which you dilute in oil prior to adding to your cocoa butter) or if you can get your hand on Labcolors (which are made for specific applications) are a better bet but don't over do it as your bath water will end up fluorescent and everything dyed

Comment

Working...
          X