Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Hi I am totally new to this, today I made me first batch of bath bombs but I've obviously done something wrong as all I have is beautiful halves, none of the bombs have stayed together. Can anybody tell me where I went wrong.........
    Many thanks Paula
    Paula Jayne Creations

Facebook Page www.facebook.com/PaulaJayneCreations

Hi Paula

Ive been (touch wood) quite successful at the bath bombs although to be honest I think it is more luck than judgement. Did they fall apart when you were making them or when they were dry?

Donna
    FACEBOOK PAGE:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Busyfi...08530162507226

Comment

Hi Donna

They fell apart once they were dry. Really not sure where I went wrong, so tempted to give up!

Paula
      Paula Jayne Creations

Comment

We have quite a comprehensive instruction leaflet on our website that might be useful - http://www.estheticals.com/bathbombd...th%20Bombs.pdf there is also a video tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwHoU...layer_embedded

these might help...

If your 2 halves appear to be perfect, then I think your mixture is probably about right - it's just the technique of squashing the 2 halves together that seems not to have worked...

* Make sure you over fill each half
        * press the 2 halves together - making sure not to twist the halves as the seam where the 2 halves meet is the weakest point...
        * Bombs work best if you de-mould them immediately...if you leave them in the half moulds you will prbably find they stick in the moulds and are then very difficult (sometimes impossible) to remove...

Do have another go, though - you will get it eventually...and when you do you'll have a Eureka moment...

Good Luck
        for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
        plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
        Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Thank you. Had a look at your video earlier this evening and Im def gonna have another go tomorrow. My moulds are slightly different to the ones on your tutorial, will that make a difference??
          Paula Jayne Creations

Comment

No, it shouldn't make a difference what kind of moulds you use - in fact I no longer use these moulds as it's hard to tell if the 2 halves are nicely lined up...I use the ones that snap together to make a sphere...

Good Luck
            for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
            plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
            Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

i've been making bath bombs for years, i find that if you leave them in the mould after really squishing them together for about 10 min they hold better than just taking them out immediatly, but it's a persoanl preference,

Comment

Working...
              X