Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moulds

Hello everyone,

Just stumbled across this forum whilst doing some reserch into soap making.
    I am going to make my first batch at the weekend (oh so excited!!) and am just trying to choose a mould.

I have seen some silicone ones on ebay and heard these are good as you don't have to line your mould. What does everyone else think?

I have also seen some from soaposh - Loaf plastic moulds (tried posting link but I could not!) which look good. What do you all use?

Thanks very much in advance
    http://www.cottagesoapcompany.co.uk

Hi Emma Jayne,

Sorry I can't help you on the soap front but just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I'm sure someone who knows what they are talking about will be along soon.

Kerry

Comment

Hi Emma Jane
      I make quite a lot of soap and use moulds from soaposh and have bought some from the soap kitchen too, there are so many different shapes to choose from I don't use the loaf shaped moulds though.

Comment

Hi,welcome to the forum.

Are you making Cp, M&P or HP?

I would recommend for your first batch using a wood or cardboard mould ( a shoe box?), be careful with silicone moulds, unless you are sure they are soap safe.

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thank you all for your welcome!
          I am using the CP method.

This seems like a silly thing to say but I was not sure about using a shoe box as I thought maybe they were too big and I would end up with soap as flat as a pancake!
          I will have a go with both I think and see how I get on. Would you recommend lining with cling film or baking paper?
          I am not sure if the silicone ones are soap freindly - how would I know? They are just small round cake moulds from John Lewis!
          http://www.cottagesoapcompany.co.uk

Comment

when I started I used a plastic kitchen box and lined with baking parchment. I still use this when developing a recipe. I like plastic as I have never had a problem getting soap out whether lined or not and you can get so many sizes.
            we use silicone moulds for hearts but plastic for everything else.
            It is all very trial and error to start with but that is how you learn, just make in small batches to start with so you are not wasting too many ingredients if it all goes horribly wrong!
            Amanda

www.janeexelbys.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
            X