help needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed please!

hey there, im just looking to start up my own buisness making lotions and hand creams, im in abit of a puzzle at the moment when someone mentioned i would need a license and for the product to be tested. is this true and if so, how would i go about doing it all...im new to this so need a few ideas.
    thanks

ally

Hi Ally

Welcome to the forum.

By law your products will need a safety assessment, and a challenge test.

Talk with your local TDS dept, they are very helpful, in the meantime, here s some bedtime reading.

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/sector...e/index_en.htm

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

what is a tds? sorry...im abit simple

ally

Comment

Trading Standards Dept - you will find them at your local council.

They oversee compliance of EU regs.

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I would recommend going on some free Business Links courses too - priceless free help when you are setting up a new business ...
          Kind regards,
          Paul

charming-beads.co.uk

http://www.charming-beads.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ally-l-90 View Post
            hey there, im just looking to start up my own buisness making lotions and hand creams, im in abit of a puzzle at the moment when someone mentioned i would need a license and for the product to be tested. is this true and if so, how would i go about doing it all...im new to this so need a few ideas.
            thanks

ally
            It's good that you asking and taking suggestion to start new but i recommend you to go through business essential and use some websites that purely doing same thing that you looking for. They guide you better instead of wasting time here.
            organic body lotions

Comment

Working...
            X