Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labeling Bath Bombs?

Hi all

Just a quick couple questions In my local town on weekends in the shopping mall, craftmakers are allowed to set up stall and sell their items and gain some business etc. Well I bought two soaps, a bath bomb(Palma Violet) and a cupcake soap with the whipped cocoa butter on top. But my questions are, does bathbombs have to have ingredients and batch numbers on them, as mine has nothing at all, just wrapped in a bag with no labels at all, and the same with my cupcake soap, however this does have a label, but has no batch numbers or anything, just says and I quote inclusive of how it is spelt on the label by them "cocobutter, bicaronated soda, citric acid, sweet almond oil, colourings, fragrance... Both have websites to purchase from, so are you supposed to go there for ingredients etc?

Sorry to have to bug you with this, but always thought that these items needed labeling in some way.

Thank you

Hi Xahia
    Im fairly new to this part of bath bombs but am hoping to go into business selling them. From what Ive learnt you need to label bath bombs and other toiletry/cosmetic products. You need to put the ingredients on the label using their INCI name (their chemical name, I believe) and have a batch number on. This isnt the batch number of the individual ingredients as you need to keep this in a Product information file (PIF) but you do need to give it a batch number of your own so that you can trace it in case of any problems.

Im sure other people will have a better idea.
    Donna
    FACEBOOK PAGE:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Busyfi...08530162507226

Comment

It all depends on how it is sold - welcome to the whacky world of EU regs.

If a product is wrapped, then yes, the label should have a full INCI listing, BBD, batch number, allergen listings, contact details, weight

If the product is not wrapped, providing there is a sign with the info on at point of sale, then that is sufficient. - crazy but then many things in life are?

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
        It all depends on how it is sold - welcome to the whacky world of EU regs.

If a product is wrapped, then yes, the label should have a full INCI listing, BBD, batch number, allergen listings, contact details, weight

If the product is not wrapped, providing there is a sign with the info on at point of sale, then that is sufficient. - crazy but then many things in life are?

Jane
        In my shop i have all my things unwraped with just one gift wrapped for display/gift purchases idea etc. My POS cards have full product dicrption plus the Chemical names etc of ingredients, cl and fragrance. Do i need to include a batch number on this at all and change it every time i put out a new batch?

At the counter i have sheets of labels for my products so that if i send a slice of soap in a paper bag i stick on the label which has ingredients, my wesite and made by the soap parlour.

I still keep records or batches and dates etc that i make things and have the reciep written up in my PIF. Am i on the right track here. not had visit from TS as yet

Comment

Working...
        X