Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perfectangel
    replied
    Thank you for your help with this! I will let her know!

I was just worried that it wouldn;t be a proper assesment or something and she would end up in trouble...

Thanks again!

Jo
    x

Leave a comment:

• Rosamundi
    replied
    Good point Jane, I forgot that bit

Leave a comment:

• greannancrafts
    replied
    Originally posted by Rosamundi View Post
    I'm guessing that your mom is talking about the safety assessment which she will need if she is to sell her soap, they typically cost £150ish each recipe and are carried out by a cosmetic chemist.
    You have 2 ways to go with this, you can find a chemist yourself and submit your recipes or many of the soap ingredient suppliers act as a go between whereby you pay them and they use their regular assessor.
    The safety assessment is a legal requirement before you can sell any soap, bath bomb, lip balm ect
    http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/uksi_20081284_en_1
    I agree with this - but do be wary of locking yourself into suppliers who will only assess if you use their products;-)

Jane

Leave a comment:

• Rosamundi
    replied
    I'm guessing that your mom is talking about the safety assessment which she will need if she is to sell her soap, they typically cost £150ish each recipe and are carried out by a cosmetic chemist.
    You have 2 ways to go with this, you can find a chemist yourself and submit your recipes or many of the soap ingredient suppliers act as a go between whereby you pay them and they use their regular assessor.
    The safety assessment is a legal requirement before you can sell any soap, bath bomb, lip balm ect
    http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/uksi_20081284_en_1

Leave a comment:

• llovegemstones
    replied
    I had heard that the rules and insurance things are quite strict for soap makers, but I have no idea, it does sound like a bit of a 'monolopy' charging that much to allow her to sell them.

Leave a comment:

• perfectangel
    started a topic Advice needed please :)

Advice needed please :)

Hello Ladies,

My mum always used to make soaps for family etc and now she wants to go back to it but this time with the view of selling some at local fairs.

The bit that bothers me is that in her email to me she writes " Also, the soap supplier provides Certificates (after some form filling etc.) for £150 which should allow me to sell them"

That somehow doesn't sound right to me?

Is something like that possible or should I tell her to go and research some more?

Many, many thanks for your help!

Jo
Working...
X