Dog Soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Soap

At last the dog soap project is completed - tried and tested on Sootz the pup. Now on sale at my folksy shop for all you dog lovers.

http://www.folksy.com/items/57722-Le...ender-Dog-Soap

Wow they look really good congratulations It sounds like it would smell lovely!
    Handmade Jewellery
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.
    elizakate.co.uk
    Etsy Shop!

Comment

Oh cool! I wish you loads of success with these.
      Having recently acquired a dog I was wondering if there were natural doggy products available amongst all the fabby soaps I see on here.

I would like to know if you have any cures for fleabites and the dog we rescued is a flea ridden beast and I would love a natural cream to help her.
      Terry xxx
      You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
      Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Now let's get down to bathing your flea infested friend. Use an herbal shampoo that contains a combination of any of pine cedar, bergamot, rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus, citronella, juniper or geranium. Before you wet down your pet here's a handy trick to ensure that you are successful in killing all of those nasty fleas. Know going into this process that as soon as you wet the animal down, those fleas are going to run for higher and dryer ground; this means they will flea (no pun intended) to the head area. You should never douse your pet's head with water and certainly not soap, so in order to prevent the fleas from escaping make sure that you first pour a thick layer of the shampoo all around the head and neck area; as close to the top of the head and underneath the chin area as you can get. Pour small amounts of water with your hand onto the soapy area and spend some time building up a thick, soapy barrier that will kill the fleas that attempt to pass through it. Proceed by wetting down and lathering up the rest of the animal's body while frequently returning to massage and re-lather the neck area. Fleas are very difficult to kill and it is better for your pet if you can handle the problem with one good bath rather than several of them, so be sure to leave the shampoo on for at least 15 minutes or more while continuing to massage the soap deep into the animal's fur. Rinse the animal thoroughly and dry it off well, especially during cold weather.

Took this from http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/fleas.html - my soap has most of these oils.

You could try mixing some of these oils with a baby (because its the mildest) cream it may well aid his soreness.

Comment

Thanks! Yes we did bath her with a good herbal doggie shampoo and are using a flea collar until her vet appointment where we will get a proper flea jab/treatment. Her bedding has been washed etc.
          I know fleas flee to the head but never knew how to stop them! That is an excellent preventative tip that I will now use!

She has sensitive skin so does have some nasty bite marks - I will try the baby cream and ess oils too.
          Excellent advice and very much appreciated thank you!
          Terry xxx
          You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
          Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Well done, looks like a good soap!
            www.pure-light.co.uk - Pretty soaps, candles, bath and gifts.

Comment

We use neem oil for our dog shampoo, neem is a fantastic oil (google it), it is antibacterial, antifungal and acts as an insect repellent.

It is used in many alternative mozzie preparations.

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I tried using neem oil in one of the many prototypes but was not happy with the result so discarded it, though as aware of it's great properties.

Comment

Originally posted by kayleee View Post
                  Well done, looks like a good soap!

Thank You Kaylee for bothlooking and for your comment

Comment

Working...
                  X