why can't i find......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why can't i find......

Any recipes ANYWHERE on liquid hand wash?? Do any of you whats its made out of......? as in any spare recipes?? I want to make a nice coconut hand wash for myself?

Thanks,
    L xx
    Lindsay Duffy
    www.lynsirue.co.uk

hi lindsay, here is a link http://www.thesage.com/recipes/recip...Display&id=102 Liquid soaps are made with potassium hydroxide instead of sodium hydroxide ( even more dangerous & volatile !!!).
    If you look on the sage lye calculator you will find a choice;- KOH instead of NaOH - this is for liquid soap.
    Dont know about melt & pour.
    I sometimes make 'liquid soap' for laundry at a low temp by putting grated soap & boiling water into my blender & whizzing++. Bottle and leave to cool before use. This is fine for washing woolens etc but have never made liquid soap like that for hand washing.
    amanda
    Last edited by soap queen; 04-08-2009, 12:36 PM.
    Amanda

www.janeexelbys.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Lindsay,

Making it from 'scratch' is a whole new skill base, as Soap Queen says, it's made with Potassium Hydroxide with butters and oils - like a Hot or Cold Process soap - you probably don't want to be messing with that with all you have on your plate

I know it's not very 'crafty' (or maybe it is but in another meaning of the word lol!) But why don't you buy a Handwash Base - ready made unfragranced base that you can add fragrance and colouring to? My new website isn't up and running yet but this is the sort of thing I will be supplying so if you'd like a small amount to try just let me know...

All the best

Jude x
      for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
      plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
      Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

We make liquid soap, with natural ingredients and without any chemical additives or preservatives.

Most if not all "bought in" bases will have a chemical preservative added to it.
        You will still have to get a safety assessment done if you add anything.

Making liquid soap is not difficult, but as BathBomb Jude says, it is a whole different skills base and not easily learned from a book.

There are courses for liquid soaps - pm me for details.

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

for ready made bases try the soap kitchen he has supplies for all sorts of shower gels and body washes etc
          How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

Thanks all, it was just a coconut one i wanted t make for myself.....Not sure what to do now......

Buy one i guess
            Lindsay Duffy
            www.lynsirue.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X