Lip balm help too please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lip balm help too please

Had my lip balm on display at an outdoor event in the heat and it has gone grainy is there a way to rescue it?
    Liz
    http://www.soapiehandmadesoaps.com
    [email protected]

Did you put Shea Butter in your Lip Balms?
    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

sorry im no help im just starting out on making these myself

Comment

It was likely to have been one of the butters becoming only partially melted and then setting again.

The only way I can think of is to scrape all the balm out of the containers (problem if you have in sticks) then put it in a bowl.

Slowly heat it up to about 75°C and hold it for 20 - 30 mins then repot.
        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
        website
        blog

Comment

Yes they do have shea butter in them. Can I warm the tubes to try and remove the balm?
          Liz
          http://www.soapiehandmadesoaps.com
          [email protected]

Comment

I guess it depends how much heat the tubes will stand....but if you're using Shea Butter you probably need to make sure the oils and butters are kept at a constant temperature for 30 minutes or more - I do it in a microwave at 50% and keep an eye on it...this seems to do the trick and stop the Shea crystalising (whih is the graininess)...

HTH Jude
            for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
            plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
            Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Bath-Bomb.Com agrees: I agree....Shea butter is notorious for crystalising when exposed to extreme heat or cold...

Does this happen also in CP soap - using shea butter?? If it heats up to gel stage while in teh wooden loaf molds will it crystalize in the soap and stay that way?

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
                Bath-Bomb.Com agrees: I agree....Shea butter is notorious for crystalising when exposed to extreme heat or cold...

Does this happen also in CP soap - using shea butter?? If it heats up to gel stage while in teh wooden loaf molds will it crystalize in the soap and stay that way?
                Shea butter crystalizes when it is exposed to extreme heat and it is not stirred when cooling. This does not affect CP nor HP soap.
                blog
                site
                fanpage

Comment

Working...
                X