me again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me again

sorry ladies jus after bit info about insurance, i have my certification paperwork etc coming hopefully this week so i will be atemptinbg to make products them perhaps that weekend or following week. i want to sell eventually as a new product in my soap business which i get off wholesalers but what insurance do i need for this?

You will need public and product liability insurance

Try http://www.nmtf.co.uk/index.php?id_cpg=1

or google Ian wallace insurance

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

i have that hun for my craft fairs was just wondering did i need any other insurance for the products im making

Comment

Originally posted by michelle87 View Post
        i have that hun for my craft fairs was just wondering did i need any other insurance for the products im making

that's ok sweetiepie, why didn't you say so in the first place?

As well as public liability insurance, you will also need product insurance.

See the above links, a lot will depend on where/how you sell your products

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

lol sorry sometimes shave a round about way of gettin out what i mean lol

Comment

Not trying to mean, Pet, but how have you got certification for products you will be ATTEMPTING to make in a week or so?

for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
            plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
            Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Originally posted by michelle87 View Post
              lol sorry sometimes shave a round about way of gettin out what i mean lol
              mmmmmmm

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

i got my cert from a chemist a lady on here knows

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                  that's ok sweetiepie, why didn't you say so in the first place?

As well as public liability insurance, you will also need product insurance.

See the above links, a lot will depend on where/how you sell your products

Jane

ok think i am blind i cant find info on product insurance on that site

Comment

I think Greannancrafts was suggestingthat, if you are planning to sell at Markets you could join the Traders association ...

Try this page for info http://www.nmtf.co.uk/index.php?id_cpg=6
                    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

yea i already have done have got insurance up to 5million but was wondering do i need separate insurance for the balms and butters im gon abe making or does my certification cover that

Comment

Your certification doesn't exactly give you insurance cover - it does prove that the products you make which are covered by that certification have been assessed by an appropriate person.

If your insurer is aware that the products which you sell include toiletries etc. made by yourself and properly certified then your product liability will give you the cover.
                        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                        website
                        blog

Comment

can i ask?

When you say attempting to make does that mean you have not made any product so far at all?
                          How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

Ian Wallace Aviva insurance is one used by many craftspeople and it is usually the one I recommend to jewellery makers out there.
                            Allison
                            www.cardtoppers4crafts.com
                            www.epbeads.co.uk/freeguide

Comment

http://www.nmtf.co.uk/index.php?id_cpg=1
                              ok i contacted the above link who i have public liability insurance with, they however do not cover product insurance for products made at home

anyone know where to get product insurance for homemade bombs lipbalsm etc

Comment

Working...
                              X