complying with regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complying with regulations

Hi everyone, my name is lindsay and I'd like to join you all in this forum. Firstly I'm gonna let you all know my interests here and see if any of you can help me out a bit. First of all I'm looking sell my home made products to the public from my salon and website I have already in place. I'm wondering if any of you can advise me on exaclty what I have to have on the packaging etc and do I have to have quantitites of everything? Also do I have to have batch numbers of oils, fragreances etc or is it just batch of numbers of chemicals?

Thanks very much in advance,

Lindsay xx
    Lindsay Duffy
    www.lynsirue.co.uk

Hi Lindsay,

Glad you joined up and ...

You do need to keep a PIF (Product Informations file) and it should have all the batch numbers of all the ingredients used...including the fragrances...

Ingredients labels should list the ingredients in order of volume - so if it's a bath bomb then usually it will have more Sodium Bicarbonate than anything else so that will be first in the list: then Citric; then water (Aqua) and so on down the line...fragrances can be listed as Parfum but essential oils must have the latin name and you will need to list the colour numbers and any allergens present...

If you search the forum for Allergens there was a recent thread about this and how to calculate...

HTH...I'm sure someone else will come along and add to my advice

Good Luck with it all...

Jude
    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Hi Lindsay

Welcome to the forum

I can only agree with Jude, Bathbomb, you will also have to have your products safety assessed prior to selling them.

Have a chat with your local Trading Standard Officer - they are really helpful.

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks very much Jude, I'm ever so excited about it all....

Originally posted by Bath-Bomb.Com View Post
        Hi Lindsay,

Glad you joined up and ...

You do need to keep a PIF (Product Informations file) and it should have all the batch numbers of all the ingredients used...including the fragrances...

Ingredients labels should list the ingredients in order of volume - so if it's a bath bomb then usually it will have more Sodium Bicarbonate than anything else so that will be first in the list: then Citric; then water (Aqua) and so on down the line...fragrances can be listed as Parfum but essential oils must have the latin name and you will need to list the colour numbers and any allergens present...

If you search the forum for Allergens there was a recent thread about this and how to calculate...

HTH...I'm sure someone else will come along and add to my advice

Good Luck with it all...

Jude
        Lindsay Duffy
        www.lynsirue.co.uk

Comment

Hi there
          You will also need to have a safety assessment for every product that you sell, also your own batch number for each product made and best before date (you will know the best before date from the safety assessment - eg -12 months from manufacture). If you haven't got assessments already I can reccomend someone to buy them from (just pm me) they cost £150 and have a huge range of ingredients to choose from.
          Hope this helps
          www.madaboutnature.co.uk

Comment

Hi, this is just a as I don't craft to sell I can't add anything even if I knew anything. Hope you hang around and chat.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X