Help im confused!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help im confused!!!!!

Can some one tell me, my mother and myself have been making soap, creams, shampoos etc., for our selfs for some time now we buy in cold processed soap and beeswax and all the ingredients and follow the recipes in the books we brought.

If we now decided to sell these at markets do we still need to get any certificates, we know we have to get liability insurance but where not sure which other ones we need if any as we are following ready made recipes.

Please help some one very confused.

Hi and welcome

Yes your products need to be certified as safe before you can sell them to the public and there are also very strict labelling requirements.

If you search the forum for 'certification' you should find a lot of threads that give lots of useful advice about this...

HTH

Jude
    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Im not 100% sure as i dont make soap but think i remember reading everything needs a certifcate and testing by the appropriate bodies. Even if you change one ingredient or add something the whole thing needs tested again.

Comment

thanks alot for your help

Comment

Bathbomb is correct, any "toiletry" that goes on the skin has to be safety assessed prior to being sold to the public - you will not get product liability insurance without it, and Trading Standards could withdraw your products from sale.

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Working...
          X