Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplier query/ M & pour question

HIya
    Has anyone ordered from Soapmakers-store recently? Just curious..I placed an order Sunday last ( 19th April) and haven't had the goods but have exchanged emails and phoned and they say the package went out on Wed, but I haven't received it.. they were going to repackage another lot and sent it to me yesterday but if I received the first one I was to refuse delivery...

Just looking for comments really.

Nadine

Also another question: If I have already done a melt and pour soup with majoram essential oil and its set can I remelt it and add another or more fragrance? Any ideas what would work well with this? I have Lavender, Ginger and Rosemary essential oils...

THNKS

Originally posted by nsnowehill View Post
    HIya
    Has anyone ordered from Soapmakers-store recently? Just curious..I placed an order Sunday last ( 19th April) and haven't had the goods but have exchanged emails and phoned and they say the package went out on Wed, but I haven't received it.. they were going to repackage another lot and sent it to me yesterday but if I received the first one I was to refuse delivery...

Just looking for comments really.

Nadine

Also another question: If I have already done a melt and pour soup with majoram essential oil and its set can I remelt it and add another or more fragrance? Any ideas what would work well with this? I have Lavender, Ginger and Rosemary essential oils...

THNKS

I have used soapmakers store in the past and always found them very helpful.

I cannot comment on melt and pour as I don't make it

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I haven't ordered from the Soapmakers-store for a while (maybe 4 weeks) but noticed they are under new management and no longer offer some of the bulk purchases - I used to buy my Shea Butter from them in 25K boxes) - it's a shame if they've stopped doing this because it's not much use for soap makers to buy 1K at a time (well, not to me anyway). They have lowered prices on some things... In the past delivery has always been excellent (often next day) so this isn't good news if they have become unreliable under their new management...

As for your soap - I think it would be ok to remelt - not sure what might go with majoram... but if it's a very 'herby' smell I'd put a delicate floral with it to tone it down a bit...Maybe geranium?

for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
      plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
      Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Thanks for the info. I had put pomengranite seed in this soap and found out that they didn't work, they went brown almost overnight. So last night I re melted the soap and strained them out, which worked! and I hope I have rectified the majoram smell.. although I think the smell I am getting with these is the glycerine smell as its a clear M & P base mix.. the opague one didn't seem to have a smell..

Anyhow.. thanks for your advice.
        Nadine

Comment

Working...
        X