Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Know How To Make Soap Frosting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does Anyone Know How To Make Soap Frosting?

    HI,

    Does anyone know any good recipes for soap frosting to pipe?
    I have tried one but it seems far to soft and nothing like egg white whipping. I have no idea where i am going wrong.
    * Julie *

    If you clicked the scales to add rep points then thankyou very much

    SMILE AND THE WHOLE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU!

    http://twitter.com/juliemarley
    http://withlovexx.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/juliemarley64

  • #2
    Melt and Pour or Cold Process?
    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
    website
    blog

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
      Melt and Pour or Cold Process?
      hi, either i do both. thanks
      * Julie *

      If you clicked the scales to add rep points then thankyou very much

      SMILE AND THE WHOLE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU!

      http://twitter.com/juliemarley
      http://withlovexx.blogspot.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/juliemarley64

      Comment


      • #4
        A method I've seen described recently (but not tried) for MP is to grate the base and add boiling water a tablespoon at a time whilst beating the soap until you get a firm consistency which will pipe.
        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
        website
        blog

        Comment


        • #5
          I blast a small amount of Opaque (M&P) base in the microwave and then add about a third of water (so a 3:1 ratio) - whisk it....hand whisk is better but you can use an electric whisk or a stick blender but do it in short bursts. It will start to froth up and look a bit like meringue but there is a point where it starts to actually harden - so somewhere in between the 2 stages you put it in a piping bag and pipe QUICK... it's a complete pain...but looks great.

          You can also use Whipped Butters - little easier and more stable but of course people can't wash with it...it's a bit of a novelty item.

          I've heard of people using actual egg white icing...bit sticky and icky if you ask me.

          For CP - you could try the whipped room temperature method - I've not tried piping it but I love whipped soaps and they are incredibly versatile and adaptable so I bet it could be piped.

          HTH and good luck

          Jude
          for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
          plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
          Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bath-Bomb.Com View Post
            I blast a small amount of Opaque (M&P) base in the microwave and then add about a third of water (so a 3:1 ratio) - whisk it....hand whisk is better but you can use an electric whisk or a stick blender but do it in short bursts. It will start to froth up and look a bit like meringue but there is a point where it starts to actually harden - so somewhere in between the 2 stages you put it in a piping bag and pipe QUICK... it's a complete pain...but looks great.

            You can also use Whipped Butters - little easier and more stable but of course people can't wash with it...it's a bit of a novelty item.

            I've heard of people using actual egg white icing...bit sticky and icky if you ask me.

            For CP - you could try the whipped room temperature method - I've not tried piping it but I love whipped soaps and they are incredibly versatile and adaptable so I bet it could be piped.

            HTH and good luck

            Jude
            thanks so much for the advice, i have tended to use room temp oils, i have been able to pipe them, its just it seems a little soft and not white more of a cream, much nicer in a loaf tin and swirled, have just tried the m&p with hot water and that seems to work great, nice and white.
            * Julie *

            If you clicked the scales to add rep points then thankyou very much

            SMILE AND THE WHOLE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU!

            http://twitter.com/juliemarley
            http://withlovexx.blogspot.com/
            http://www.facebook.com/juliemarley64

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi
              I have just had a little go at this and well I think disaster is probably best described - Jude I did everything you said - hand whisked for a while but nothing happened so - impatient as I am got the electric whisk out - wow did it froth up or what - tried to pipe it but ended up going a bit flat -now for the couple of questions:

              The soap ended up feeling like shaving foam - should I have whisked for a bit longer!

              Only used a small nozzle on piping bag so would a bigger nozzle be better?

              I suppose this was my first go and as we all know practice makes perfect (this comes from the person who has given up trying to make bath bombs) lol

              Jude - I saw your other thread with your cup cakes on and they are fab - you are the expert - hellpp.

              Thanks all
              Donna
              The Soap Fairy xx
              www.thesoapfairy.net

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Soap Fairy View Post
                Hi
                The soap ended up feeling like shaving foam - should I have whisked for a bit longer!
                Yes, probably - as the more you whisk the bubbles start to disipate a bit so it goes a little more like thick egg white...but more of that later

                Originally posted by The Soap Fairy View Post
                Hi
                Only used a small nozzle on piping bag so would a bigger nozzle be better?
                Yes - you need a 'mashed potato' nozzle - I scoured the internet for the biggest I could find after clogging up a bunch of teeny-tiny ones meant for chocolate and icing cakes - Lakeland do a really nice stainless steel set - http://www.lakeland.co.uk/F/product/2233 - I bought a couple of plastic ones but the little 'prongs' break off so I think it's worth investing in these...

                Originally posted by The Soap Fairy View Post
                Hi
                I suppose this was my first go and as we all know practice makes perfect (this comes from the person who has given up trying to make bath bombs) lol
                It took me months to perfect it - I'd never 'iced' anything, let alone trying to pipe soap....first it's too thick, then it's too runny then, when I did get it to actually pipe it was too soft, even when it had hardened...I can see why people just put meringue whip on their soaps...

                Originally posted by The Soap Fairy View Post
                Hi
                Jude - I saw your other thread with your cup cakes on and they are fab - you are the expert - hellpp.
                Takes a lot of time and patience...

                Hope this helps
                Last edited by Bath-Bomb.Com; 21-05-2009, 09:20 AM.
                for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank you for your help. Trouble is with me I want it now LOL - will keep practicing.

                  Donna
                  The Soap Fairy xx
                  www.thesoapfairy.net

                  Comment

                  Unconfigured Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X