Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Rose melts

I made two small batches last night.

The smaller one is a solid blend of Shea, Cocoa and Mango butters with dairy butter powder and a little fizz to help dispersal. The larger piped one has much more fizz and Coconut oil instead of Mango butter.

The fragrance is a blend of rosy EOs with myrrh and clove to fix.

(I might change the name to Khayyam though - as in this old rose in someone's flickr collection, I did try a Khayyam soap months ago - but far too much powder colour in so the colour was really deep and the lather was very pink - I'll make a pale pink soap with a few shavings of the dark one mixed in)
    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
    website
    blog

I did try a Khayyam soap months ago - but far too much powder colour in so the colour was really deep and the lather was very pink
    Reminds me of the time I first used charcoal, I came out of the bath looking like a chimney sweep
    There are lovely Elaine, I can smell them from here - well done.

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks Jane.

I've just realised that I didn't put the link to the rose pic and I've lost it now, will have to go looking again. It's a pink damask rose and the original was raised from a seedling found by the grave of Omar Khayyam and an offspring was planted on the grave of Edward Fitzgerald who translated his works (I have some soaps with silk which have a story behind the name)
      ElaineJ soap and other stuff
      website
      blog

Comment

Good enough to eat!

Yummy they look good enough to eat
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X