Can you add scent rice to use in heat bags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you add scent rice to use in heat bags

Hi- New project taking shape very quickly!!

Just wondered if it was possible to 'scent' my rice to use in heat bags before I add it to the bag?

I have tried peppermint tea bags- but not getting much from them.

I don't want to add lavender as I have heard it can catch fire

I thought of maybe buying some fragrance oil from homemade soap/bathbomb making companies and splashing some over the rice.

Any thoughts?

Kirsty
    Last edited by madmidwife; 03-02-2009, 01:11 PM.
    www.babymemories.co.uk

i add lavender to my heat bags and to date i've never heard of any going on fire and i test each one in the microwave before i even think about selling them and usualy give them a bit longer than normal (between 2 and 5 minutes) and i laminate the instructions so more chance of people keeping them and i have used lavender with both rice and wheat with great success .... hope this helps
    while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

becareful which oils you use during pregnancy i heard some can be harmfull .
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Thanks Craftyfox and Goldy

I was thinking oils as it will work out cheaper!

As a midwife I have done an aromatherapy in pregnancy course and know which oils are safe- I love peppermint and hope to use that- however you can't use that in pregnancy (not sure why!!) I hope that will appeal more to the male market

Lavender is safe- so will definately use that!

My mind is going wild now with ideas for this project- smaller bags for knee/elbow, shaped ones for the neck/shoulders.....where do I stop!!??
        www.babymemories.co.uk

Comment

I believe Peppermint oil can bring on contractions

hope that is useful
          How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

And Don't forget our favourite labour oil - Clary Sage! NOT before 34 weeks though I think...

In my labour kit this time, I have made up 5 massage oils:

Lavender(calming/ soothing), Bergamot (uplifting), Frankinsense (comforting), Clary Sage (relaxing) and Marjoram (relaxing).

I wonder if there is a way to add a different scent pouch (for want of a better word) depending on your mood??? Version 2 maybe eh?

Alison
            http://www.pollyanna-patchwork.co.uk

12 High Street, Eccleshall, STAFFS, ST21 6BZ Tel: 01785 859360

Comment

Oh- Alison - stop it!!! My head is going to explode with all these ideas!!

I am going to stay clear of clary sage because I can't find any conclusive data about it- some claim it stimulates uterine contractions, some state this is a myth!! I used in my last job to help women who were overdue.

What I was going to do is add afew drops of essential oil to the rice mix it up in a large storage tub- ready to use when I fill the bags.

The only oil I have at the moment is a fragrance oil 'Baby Powder' which I have experimented with- and now I stink of it!! (it's awful!!)

Thanks again

Kirsty
              www.babymemories.co.uk

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X