Has anyone used beetroot powder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used beetroot powder?

Hi. I am trying to make pinkish CP soap. I have tried to use beetroot powder as I have read that this will produce a pinkish soap. I have tried infusing it with the oil, no luck then I tried mixing it in at trace. Again, no luck, infact it turned it a brownish colour! Has anyone had sucess using beetroot powder? Does anyone know of any other natural product that I can use? I don't wish to use cosmetic colouring. Thanks!

Hi

I have not tried beetroot.
    You could try alknet or pink clay.

HTH

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Yes - it's a pity about the beetroot powder 'cos it looks as though it should make a goodly pink.

Pink Clay (doesn't need a lot, about 3 or 4 grammes per 500g oils - otherwise you get a sort of carbolic colour).

Soap Kitchen have a Carmine paste in their natural colours (but that's Cochineal - i.e. crushed beetles).
      ElaineJ soap and other stuff
      website
      blog

Comment

Thanks for ypur comments. I have used alkanet and it gives a mauve colour, but I haven't tried pink clay, so thanks for that. I would like to stick to non animals, so I will give the carmine a miss. Any other advise would be gratefully received on the beetroot powder. Thanks again for you comments.

Comment

beet root powder

I think it may be the high temperatures of the cold process that make it go ugly. It might work beautifully in melt and pour - I have never made M&P, just cold process goat milk soap.

Comment

I tried it in "Natural" MP once - goes brown; I think it's a chemical reaction with the saponified ingredients.
            ElaineJ soap and other stuff
            website
            blog

Comment

beet root powder

I wonder how it would do in lip balm? It was used as lip colorant during WWII...but maybe not powder...just juice.

Comment

Beetroot powder is a natural red food colouring. It has a slightly sweet taste and it is an ideal substitute for artificial red colours that can cause allergic reactions to some people.Use it in any dish that you want to add a bit of red to. A little goes a long way.
                teeth whitening

Comment

Working...
                X