Best filling for a wheat bag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best filling for a wheat bag

Just wandering which filling is best in a wheat bag (appart from the obvious!!!!)

I have tried rice and this works well- it seems to stay warmer for longer.

Has anyone used cherry stones? And where can you get them from?

Cheers

Kirsty
    www.babymemories.co.uk

i use wheat and rice and yes the rice seems to stay warmer for longer and no i haven't tried the cherry stones would love to but when i first priced them the carriage to northern ireland ment that i would have to charge £21 for something a normally charge £8 for so i have to work with what i have and my local farmers supplies does 25kg of wheat for £7.50!!!!

and the other plus with the rice is that it seems to mould itself better to the area
    while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

by, cherry stones, do you mean the stones in cherries or something else?

Comment

Hi, I do mean the stones from cherries- i think they are actually called cherry pits- a very big business in Michigan in USA- cheap as chips over there- but I guess P+P would be huge!!!!

Wheat is the cheapest- but it just has an awful smell to it!!! I have found by adding various herb/fruit tea bags into the rice- you can get a lovely aroma.

I just liked the idea of the cherry pits because they are different and from my research keep warm longer.

They are a by-product from the cherry industry eg canned cherries, glace cherries, cocktail cherries. They are also big in Switzerland where they make cherry liquer and marachino cherries.

I just can't find any in the UK.

Think I will have to stick to rice!!
        www.babymemories.co.uk

Comment

Another alternative is pearl barley which you can get from the supermarket.

Melanie

Comment

Working...
          X