Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fabric to use for wheat bags

Another question from me!!!

I am making soem wheat bags (with rice rather than wheat) and wasn't sure of the best fabric to use- any suggestions?

Many thanks

Kirsty
    www.babymemories.co.uk

viyella or brush cotton. Somthing with a softness and cosyness about it, and a fairly tight weave.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

fabrics

Hi, I have made wheat bags before christmas and I have used cotton fabrics and also curtain material and all seems to work well. I would suggest putting a small sample in the microwave first to make sure it doesnt set on fire and also you can put the hotties on the radiator to warm up as well if people do not have a microwave.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Lucy
      Lucy Ward
      The Little Kettle Company

Comment

old jeans are great for this people seem to like the recycled bit as well as the lovely feel of the aged denim but i use all sorts of fabric just try it in the microwave first
        while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

I bought some of the ex-display curtain samples. Then I had the lining and the top cover as well.

Melanie

Comment

Thankyou so much everyone- that has given me lots of ideas!!!

Cheers

Kirsty
            www.babymemories.co.uk

Comment

I have seen some made out of fleece, which look very soft and cosy!

And my Mum has a gorgeous one in the shape of a hot water bottle which is made out of deep pink cordorouy - it looks and feels lovely!

Comment

I make mine with a washable outer cover of fleece and the inner bag, containing the rice, from polycotton pre-cut squares that I get from Abakhan for 50p/bag of 10 (approx. 10-12" square)
                Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sue

Bags Embroidery & Knitting

Comment

Working...
                X