Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLS alternative

Hi
    What can I add to bath bombs to make them foam/bubble, that isn't SLS? I'd prefer something natural if poss...any ideas?
    Thanks
    Fran

Hi,
    Maybe a stupid question but why do you want to make the bath bombs bubble?
    I would have thought you are making bath bombs and by nature they do not bubble, if you want something to bubble make bubble bath!
    How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

This is a hard question.

I dont think there is anything, and you would want to make a bath bomb bubble - wants the harm in that - uh?
      astleysoapco.co.uk

Comment

no harm in it at all but make bombs and bubble bath, 2 products not 1
        How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

There's Decyl glucoside or Coco glucoside they are both anionic surfactants but milder than SLS . There's also Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), which is a milder version of SLS. Not sure who stocks them though.
          Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

just a soap used to stock Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), but know they seem that they dont. uhm...
            astleysoapco.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, I haven't made these before and just thinking through ideas. I know Lush do foaming bath bombs but use SLS I think.

I didn't quite expect such a sharp response, are bubbly bath bombs offensive in some way

May well think about bubble bath too, but still wouldn't want to use SLS as my sisters and nieces suffer from eczema.

Cheers
              Fran

Comment

Hi,

There are a couple of alternatives you can use - Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate and Sodium Cocosulphate - are both mild surfectants that work well in bubble bars.

Not sure where you can get them in powdered form - you may need to contact a cosmetics ingredient supplier.

Hope this helps

for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Working...
                X