Melt and Pour dog soap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melt and Pour dog soap?

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Last edited by Ruth Moulds; 01-11-2016, 09:22 PM.

Hi,
    Hope this is of use to you

DOG SOAP Recipe
    2 lbs. M&P base
    2 oz. liquid shea butter
    1/2 TSP Lavender essential oil
    1/2 TSP tea tree essential oil
    1/2 TSP Peppermint essential oil

The tea tree oil for it's antiseptic quality and it is good for the
    skin. The peppermint since fleas don't like the smell of it and adds
    to the fragrance of the bar. The lavender with aid in
    keeping the fleas and mosquitos away. Lavender has antiseptic
    qualities and adds to the frangrance also.

NOTE: This recipe cannot be used on cats or rabbits because of the Tea Tree oil, which is toxic to them. Maybe a warning label would be a good idea too.
    Not sure how you wash a hedgehog mind other than carefully

I would have thought you would have to have a certification on the soap as it would still be classed as a cosmetic and even though you are selling it as a dog soap there is always someone out there who will want to use it on themselves.

best wishes
    sue
    How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

doggy soap

Hi Brian,

Maybe you need to make gardeners soap for the local bikers instead lol
      How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

Hi there, i've just been told of another site that animal stuff does not have to be certified.. hummm is that classed as hearsay.. maybe it wont hold up in a court of law lol...

I wish I had checked earlier actually as I waited till my cert was through before doing any.. trying shampoo next eek...

Neem is a good additive but i found it needs to be well mixed or it can separate a bit and make tiny gloobs ....

"Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."
        www.fairyalchemy.co.uk
        fairyalchemy.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi,
          Dogs have much more sensative skin than us humans, so make sure you get an all natural base with no sls etc.
          Neem oil is great for our k9 companions as it repels all kinds of bugs while healing and soothing problem skin, but be very wary of certain essential oils, one that I know for sure to aviod is rosemary as it can trigger epilepsy in dogs.
          I've just bathed my dog Noodle with one of our cold process neem soaps and he's gleaming and silky soft.....!!! (still, I'm glad I'm not a dog groomer any more!!!)

Hope this helps

Jode
          x
          To see our handmade bath and beauty productcs, all made with fair trade organic oils and butters, please click the link to our Etsy shop below:
          http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5184519

Love & Bubbles
          Jode
          x

Comment

I make my own dog soap in bars with dog written on top and donate these to the greyhound rescue, I use clear or quapgue soap base m&p and add couple of drops of tree tea, citronella, peppermint. I call this a walk in the park. If you go onto google and type in dog soap an american site comes up with lots of recipes. Hope this help

Comment

I was speaking to a dog groomer who has been mobile for a few years and is now opening a salon. She also makes beautiful MP soaps so we were discussing dog soaps/shampoos and she said no certification is required but a knowledge of which ingredients are best suited for dogs is essential.
              ElaineJ soap and other stuff
              website
              blog

Comment

Working...
              X