Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soap making courses - homestudy v attending a course

Hello everyone

I'm a newbie to soap making, just done a few melt and pour soaps and love it but I want to look into it a bit more. I've come across a homestudy course by Shona Oconnor that sounds good but not sure if its better to attend a course or do the home study routewith dvd's. Has anyone ever done the dvd course and if so what did you think, or is there any help or guidance you could give me re: learning all about soap making - fascinating subject.

best wishes
    Jill44

Hi. Sorry for the late reply, I have been out of touch for the last week or so. I found that the best way to learn was from books and research on the internet. However, if you want to go on a course there is one that I can recommend. I cannot post the web link, but if you search on 'make your own cosmetics', you will find the site. Hope this helps.

Comment

home study

Hi,

I think it depends on what you would prefer.

I personally am self taught after much reading on the internet. Also you learn very fast by any mistakes and also experimenting is alot of fun too.
      How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

Hi
        I agree with deedoo. I too look through the internet to get ideas and must admit I have wasted a hell of alot through experiments but that is the fun part because the next time you find you are more determined.

If you are still keen on a course then try www.worldofmoulds.co.uk as Sarah offers courses and she also can help with certification if need be.
        The Soap Fairy xx
        www.thesoapfairy.net

Comment

I have been looking around for a soap course to go on BUT cannot find anything..i live in surrey can anyone HELP please ? xx jo xx

http://kinglakescrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

soap making courses - homestudy v attending a course

Hi and thanks for the replies, you've all given me something to work with, even though the certification process worries me a little I'm still keen to dip my toes in.

best wishes

Jill

Comment

I've been soaping for a few months now, self taught learning from the internet. I have been contemplating taking a course in selling soap although at the same time Im sure the information is just a few clicks away....hhmm

Comment

Just make sure you get the correct information and get it right - even the big boys get it wrong sometimes.

Your TSD is a good place to start.

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

TSD? what is that?

Comment

Trading Standards Dept - you'll find them at your local council offices - a great place to start.

Jane
                    www.just-soaps.com
                    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X