No announcement yet.

Starting soap making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention that the Linda Hamblen book is a UK one, I had looked at a few books on Amazon before Xmas and you're totally right, most of them are American. But then I got this one for xmas, my mum bought it for me and it's just luck it was by a British author, 'cos I don't think my mum would have known any better! (I think she must have got it in 2nd hand bookshop/charity shop or something.)

greenfairy x

Comment

Starting soap making

Hi there
      I am new at soap making too. I make cold process soap, I have just made my 3rd batch and am absolutely loving it. Everyone got hand made soap for Christmas! I am using The Natural Soap Book by Susan Miller Cavitch and have found it very good, with clear no nonsense instructions. In this book she does do some weights in grammes which is useful. However, I just can't find some of the oils (Kukui nut?) and a lot of her recipes for scented soap involve rose essential oil....... £90.00 for 10 ml?? I think not! lol
      I do like this book and it started me off well but I am now going to look at some of the UK based books suggested on here.
      My first couple of batches were made using loaf tins as moulds. The latest one is in a plastic Jacob's Cream Cracker box!
      You are welcome to message me if you think I might have any useful info

Comment

Working...
      X