X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter
    replied
    I think this thread has served it's purpose now, I appreciate people have huge problems here, but all that is posted now will no doubt fall on deaf ears, so before it turns into a hate campaign I'm closing it.

Leave a comment:

• Cledry Yarner
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Janes View Post
    I can confirm that The Soap Tub closed last week.

We will be contacting anyone who has any order outstanding - we contacted Trading Standards on the day that the decision was taken to close.

Anyone who paid by Paypal may if they wish open a dispute - we will be verifying claims with our records to ensure that only those who have a genuine claim are making one. Trading Standards also advise that anyone who has paid by credit card may contact their card issuer for advice.

All of our staff have been made redundant last week and we are not therefore able to offer telephone support at this time.

As I have previously stated, I can be contacted at [email protected]. If any customer is looking for impartial advice they should contact the West Yorkshire Trading Standards Service.

Please note that I cannot discuss individual complaints on a public forum or respond to any individual requests posted here.

Daniel Janes, The Soap Tub.
    And what about poeple like me, daniel? People who were assured that they would get a refund and trusted you? People who paid by paypal and are now over the time limit for resolving a dispute? How am I going to get my money back?

This is the 2nd time this year that me and my husband have been shafted by people not being up to the task of running a business. We lost a load of gardening machinery that was being serviced.

I hope you're thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Cledry Yarner
    replied
    Hi - found this site by googling soap tub as I'm trying to get some money back from them. It's not a massive amount of money but I really can't afford to lose it. I'm afraid I have little sympathy for them in going bust as they just ignore people. If I was having problems I'd do my utmost to let my customers know.

Does anyone know if there's a legal way I can get my money back?

Leave a comment:

• thatbusinesswomen
    replied
    Phone trading standards because they are breaching distance selling rules - it may not get your money back BUT it may help if they are closed down, other people not to be ripped off/stolen from/let down.

I think that emailing alone is a problem cause AOL, Yahoo & Gmail addresses often don't end up in their destination BUT if you have also phoned and not had a reply then - something needs to be done.

Just read that they have gone bust - small claims court may be the only route.

Tis a shame that they have gone bust but still they could at least reply to emails.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• astleysoapco
    replied
    Hi Stacy and everyone....

Just been having a chat with the soap kitchen to keep up to date with stuff, they are really busy, due to the soap tub gone bust!! Ha ha. I imagine just a soap and the soap kitchen will be very busy.

Where do you live? The soap tub is suitated near eastman staples, on the main road near into Huddersfield. When I was there 2 women where wrapping boxes up, and I was asking them questions, and writing down wholesale information from the boxes in the warehouse!!! LOL!

If you are near I would nip in, and have a very firm chat!

Cant understand why they havnt sorted out the problems..... stupid company, wasting customers time.

I do hope everyone who placed an order with them get there money back pretty quick.

James

Leave a comment:

• stacy
    replied
    Originally posted by astleysoapco View Post
    I would always pay by Visa. That way you can get your money back quickly without any hassle. Hope you get your money back. I could just go around to there warehouse and give them a good firm talking to if you want me to!!

HI
    Thanks, but the chances of me getting my money back is very slim. I haven't heard anything from The Soap Tub or Paypal since Paypal told me I won the appeal so I dont know what else, if anything is going happen. I always thought that Paypal would reimburse me but hey, how wrong am I ay! Makes me feel uneasy buying from any of these sites now as I haven't got money to throw away.
    Take care
    Stacy x

Leave a comment:

• astleysoapco
    replied
    ha ha!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ruth Moulds
    replied
    That's the spirit

Originally posted by astleysoapco View Post
    I would always pay by Visa. That way you can get your money back quickly without any hassle. Hope you get your money back. I could just go around to there warehouse and give them a good firm talking to if you want me to!!

We make Hand Grenade Bathbomb moulds if they any use LoL

Leave a comment:

• astleysoapco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stacy
    replied
    soap tub gone bust

Hi
    I'm new to this site but I thought you would all like to know that "The Soap Tub" has ceased trading. I placed a order on the 3rd Sept and they ceased trasing on the 4th. I still to this day have not received my goods. I have appealed to Paypal and I started a claim against them as my calls were not being answered. The company still decided to ignore me and Paypal so I escalated my dispute. I won that on the 20th Sept but still have not received a refund because the company do not have enough funds in their account. Surely, they cant be allowed to get away with this, can they? I'm not a happy bunny,

Leave a comment:

• Caz
    replied
    I had to claim my payment to the Soap Tub, back from Paypal, and it was refunded the next day!

Caz

Leave a comment:

• astleysoapco
    replied
    dont mean any harm, sorry. Gosh seems like everyones having a hard time, I got quite a few tips from them on suppliers. Shame.

Leave a comment:

• The Soap Fairy
    replied
    well no-one can now as they have gone bust - no need to sound so rude!!

Leave a comment:

• astleysoapco
    replied
    You dont buy from the soap tub do you? I went to there warehouse in huddersfield . Dare I say more.

Leave a comment:

• shiner
    replied
    So all that about changing address, Phone number etc was just a load of bs I wonder if the promise of resolving the problems come with the same lack of sincerity

Leave a comment:

Working...
X