This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Daniel at The Soap Tub

I would the first to acknowledge that there have been problems during our move and I think this thread is a good example of the sort of feedback that challenges a company when things go wrong.

At this time I can be contacted on [email protected] if there are any problems while our network is being relocated to our new address.

In an average year we proccess several thousend orders - and most of the time things go well -although I appreciate that this has not been the experience of those who have posted on this thread. It is though perhaps in the nature of things that threads like this tend to report our mistakes, and only very rarely our successes.

I am more than happy to apologise to those who have experienced problems, and if anyone wishes to contact me via the email above, I will be happy to discuss/investigate any concerns.

Daniel Janes
    Owner of The Soap Tub.

Comment

The Soap Tub

Hi there

I've been using the Soap Tub for seven years now, but I reckon they've recently gone bust.

They cashed my most recent payment on 30th July, it is now 1st September and I have never received my goods.

I have emailed them several times, and I now note they have stopped answering their phone.

Did you ever get your stuff?

Comment

Is that a new website just been done recently? I had it in my history cache and had not refreshed so dont know if it is new but there was no ad stuff at the top before which you get with a free service...?

"Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."
        www.fairyalchemy.co.uk
        fairyalchemy.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Janes View Post
          I would the first to acknowledge that there have been problems during our move and I think this thread is a good example of the sort of feedback that challenges a company when things go wrong.

At this time I can be contacted on [email protected] if there are any problems while our network is being relocated to our new address.

In an average year we proccess several thousend orders - and most of the time things go well -although I appreciate that this has not been the experience of those who have posted on this thread. It is though perhaps in the nature of things that threads like this tend to report our mistakes, and only very rarely our successes.

I am more than happy to apologise to those who have experienced problems, and if anyone wishes to contact me via the email above, I will be happy to discuss/investigate any concerns.

Daniel Janes
          Owner of The Soap Tub.
          Reply....

Well, I've tried contacting you at that very email address three times now Daniel!!

Can you explain please?

I have also tried phoning you, and I note you no longer answer any of your telephone numbers, including your so-called "Customer Helpline"!!

When I finally get my goods, the payment for which you cashed more than a month ago, I shall print an apology. However, at the moment, I am trying to recover my money.

I have been using the Soap Tub for seven years now. What a shame it has had to come to this.

Comment

I just got this after doing a search................
            [email protected] is
            a valid deliverable e-mail box address.
            You might like to look at http://www.whois-search.com/whois/www.thesoaptub.co.uk

Comment

Soap Tub

This is quite worrying for people who are out of pocket.

Although I do not use the Soap Tub (I have in the past and have found them to be 'trustworthy') but find the non-contact terrible and sympathise with those who have orders outstanding.

I hope you find a resolution and get your money back quickly.

I smell a rat!
              Take care

Kathryn
              Website - http://www.lazydaisyglass.co.uk
              Blog - http://www.lazydaisyglass.blogspot.com
              Folksy http://www.folksy.com/shops/lazydaisyglass
              Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6370100
              Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...ss/55255965842

Comment

Just had this in so maybe you could try the contact details:

new postal address:

The Soap Tub, The Shop, 407 Bradford Road, Fartown, Huddersfield, HD2 2RB

Tel 01484 453453 daytime

01484 303445 All other times.

www.meltandpoursupplies.com

[email protected]
                How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Comment

Problems with The Soap Tub

Thanks for the Whois Search address. Got a phone number for it, which I used - guess what? no reply, no answering machine - just like the so-called 'customer helpline'!!

I spoke to Daniel Janes two days ago - they are in serious trouble and my order has still not arrived, despite me chasing it up with Daniel Janes on numerous occasions now.

I'll leave you to make your own conclusions: it's not rocket science, but it is very, very poor business practice to take people's money and not provide goods and services.

"Barge pole" and "don't touch" spring to mind somehow....

Comment

Annette, did you pay by credit card? If you did you might be able to get your money back through the credit card company. I have also read about people sending legal letters by registered post - sorry can't remember the details but someone else might be able to help - which quite often results in a refund or goods arriving.

I think the worst thing is that they are still operating and taking people's money - maybe trading standards could help too.
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - just saw this on their site:

"
                      CUSTOMER NOTICE
                      04 September 2008
                      We regret to inform customers that The Soap Tub has suspended trading today - 4.9.2008
                      What to do next:
                      We will be contacting those customers awaiting orders and will be seeking to ensure that customers are aware of how to make a claim.
                      PLEASE LOG INTO THE MEMBERS BOX ON THE RIGHT OF THIS PAGE AND CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN DISPATCHED BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER.
                      The Soap Tub traded between 2001-2008 and we deeply regret and wish to apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused by the decision to close.
                      Daniel Janes
                      [email protected]"

blog
                      site
                      fanpage

Comment

The Soap Tub owes me money!!

Thanks for the above all. I too saw their notice on the wesbite. I spoke to Daniel janes the day before he went bust and he told he they weren't going bust. What a fibber!

He is now making himself unavailable by telephone and email.

It is my belief that he has been taking money for weeks now, maybe even months, knowing he was going bust, and with no intention of despatching goods or providing refunds.

I will try to recoup my money, but the principal is galling. The Soap Tub's customers are mostly young women and children - a soft touch. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

I had the same problem with non receipt of an order from them about a month ago, and as I had paid by paypal, I requested a refund from them and got it instantly!

Caz

Comment

From The Soap Tub

I can confirm that The Soap Tub closed last week.

We will be contacting anyone who has any order outstanding - we contacted Trading Standards on the day that the decision was taken to close.

Anyone who paid by Paypal may if they wish open a dispute - we will be verifying claims with our records to ensure that only those who have a genuine claim are making one. Trading Standards also advise that anyone who has paid by credit card may contact their card issuer for advice.

All of our staff have been made redundant last week and we are not therefore able to offer telephone support at this time.

As I have previously stated, I can be contacted at [email protected]. If any customer is looking for impartial advice they should contact the West Yorkshire Trading Standards Service.

Please note that I cannot discuss individual complaints on a public forum or respond to any individual requests posted here.

Daniel Janes, The Soap Tub.

Comment

oh my goodness i am soooooooooo lucky i ordered with them about a week ago and i got the goods two days later.I am so sorry for all of you not knowing if you will get your goods or refund,,,i really hope it all works out ok xxx jo xxx

http://kinglakescrafts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Soap Tub or World of Moulds

I thought people might be interested to know that they appear to be trading under a different name - world of moulds (worldofmoulds). They are offering various courses in October and the shopping cart works, so they seem to be willing to continue to take money from people!!!

There is an email address on this site for Sarah Janes and also another telephone number - I thought people may want to phone.

I had a bad experience with these people a few years ago and lost about £140 so I haven't used them since but I spoke to a lady today who wanted to save money on Christmas Gifts by making them and she ordered from the Soap Tub 2 weeks ago, after being assured by Daniel that her kits would arrive. She's lost over £50!
                                for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                                plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                                Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Working...
                                X