X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomond Soap
    replied
    Hi only me
    I too suffer with psoriasis and although a bar of soap is not going to cure that there are ingredients which certainly won't agrevate it further.

I make a chickweed & evening primrose soap, here's what's in it....
    Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium olivate (olive), Sodium cocoate (coconut),Butyrospermum parkii (shea), Cannabis sativa (hemp), Oenothera biennis (evening primrose), Chickweed, Sodium lactate, Caprae lac (goats milk)

Chickweed is said to be a great natural skin healer and reduces itching. I make this soap with a very strong chickweed tea.
    Available from my website, under the Naturally Good Page

Leave a comment:

• onlyme
    replied
    Originally posted by Emmalou View Post
    H i everyone

I have recently become interested in soap making as I bought some organic soaps for my son for his sensitive skin (recommended by a friend) and they have worked miracles for his skin.

I have read the books,done a short course and feel I am ready to take the next step but I have scoured the internet and don't seem to be able to find anywhere that has some info on organic soap making and where I can buy the ingredients to make some. Please help
    Emmalou, can you tell me more about the soap you bought as relative of mine has psoriasis (spelling?) I was told ages ago that Hemp soap works wonders for it, but she's never tried it. It really bugs me because she keeps trotting off to the hospital for treatment and moaning when it doesn't work, and won't even give a simple bar of soap a fair trial! These things are always handy to know.

Gail

Leave a comment:

• ElaineJ
    replied
    JustaSoap and soap Kitchen have organic MP bases but if you're wanting to make CP/HP soap you'll need to look further afield for organic (or "wild harvested) oils and butters which are generally a bit more expensive.

I buy most of my oils and butters from:

Fresholi
    Gracefruit
    Sheabutter Cottage

and for interesting and unusual Of a Simple Nature

But I don't have Soil Association "approval" - actually I don't say which of my ingredients are organic, would be an good idea if I did I s'pose!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy_Jones_OH
    replied
    Organically Happy Handmade Organic Bar Soap

Hi Emmalou,

Even I thought of making soaps of my own, as my kid skin was very sensitive and most of the soaps in market are full of chemical.

Last week I heard from my friend about the website <<organicallyhappy.com>>, amazingly I found "Organically Happy Handmade Organic Bar Soap"

Each bar of Organically Happy Handmade Organic Bar Soap contains a rich blend of pure essential oils and organic herbs to create complex, natural fragrances in a truly natural soap.

I just dropped the plan of preparing the soap on my own when we get a organic(natural) product for a low price.

Thanks,
    Lucy

Leave a comment:

• just_mai
    replied
    second the soap kitchen or just a soap,

Leave a comment:

• jode
    replied
    Hi ye,
    Have a little look at The Soap Kitchen (uk)
    jode xx

Leave a comment:

• Emmalou
    started a topic Organic soap,please help!!

Organic soap,please help!!

H i everyone

I have recently become interested in soap making as I bought some organic soaps for my son for his sensitive skin (recommended by a friend) and they have worked miracles for his skin.

I have read the books,done a short course and feel I am ready to take the next step but I have scoured the internet and don't seem to be able to find anywhere that has some info on organic soap making and where I can buy the ingredients to make some. Please help
Working...
X