Animal testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal testing

I want to make sure that any craft cosmetics I buy from small producers won't be tested on animals.......does anyone know the regulations for small companies that say they are not testing on animals ? Does it mean the whole product or part of it ?

Re: Animal testing

Originally posted by Jenny
    I want to make sure that any craft cosmetics I buy from small producers won't be tested on animals.......does anyone know the regulations for small companies that say they are not testing on animals ? Does it mean the whole product or part of it ?

good Question....

I'll try and find out some sites for you... If anyone else has seen or got any information on this then post away..
    sigpic

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

http://www.hsus.org/ace/11366

um...... what do you think of that....
      sigpic

Comment

isn't a craft cosmetic something done at very very very small scale... like something you do in your house to earn some pocket money?

If so? How could you test anything on animals? When I do some of those I try them on me because I know what I put into them, and that it could not hurt me... the worst thing that could happend to me is that it won't work as I think it should...
        writing from the heart of South America!

Comment

Originally posted by garrapatita
          isn't a craft cosmetic something done at very very very small scale... like something you do in your house to earn some pocket money?
          No...

A Crafter can buy in Soap and shape it... or and buy in odorless colourless soaps and shape colour and add odors to the soap....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media
            Originally posted by garrapatita
            No...

A Crafter can buy in Soap and shape it... or and buy in odorless colourless soaps and shape colour and add odors to the soap....
            they can test it on the woman next door to me, shes neither human or animal.
            removals......a full house 85.00

Comment

:lol:
              sigpic

Comment

If the product is hand crafted (not made from scratch), you need to check with the suppliers.

If the product is handmade i doubt if anyone would test it on animals.

In both cases the product needs to be certified by an independant toxicologist and comply with all EU regulations (Which are plenty, I assure you).

I make 100% natural, handmade soap with aromatherapy-grade essential oils, by the way.

Esther

Comment

Animal testing

Well infact this meens all the product has to be not tested on animals not just part of it. Many soap bases on the market now have no animal ingredients in them and many butters also. So do check with the manafature you buy from to make sure that the soap base is not tested on animals.

Any more info just ask!

James
                  Astley Soap Company
                  astleysoapco.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X