Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tools

Hi,
    Me again... and guess what, I have another question. It's about tools now.
    Any of you use the 4 in 1 plier-cutter from Beadsmith? Is it any good? Is it better than buyint separate tools?
    Thanks in advance for your answers. I just need to buy my tools and start beading!!
    Kalinda
    Your mind, like a parachute, works better when it's open.

Tools

I would recommend you buy your tools individualy. If you can afford, buy the best wire cutters you can find so you get a neat cut. I have cutters that cut at an angle so you can get in close and also with narrow ends to poke into places.
    Chris W.
    x
    Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Tools by a user!!

Now, in the red corner and wearing my other hat as a rocket scientist. I would always recommend that you buy the best tools you can afford as they always work better and are more reliable and have longer lives than cheap tools.

Combination tools don’t do things that well, something about ‘horses for courses’ I think!

I..
      www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1

Comment

I havent used the all in one tool but very often I am using two pairs of pliers at once (i.e. one to hold, one to bend/cut/etc) so am not sure how useful it would be to have an all in one for those particular moments...
        Mel

Comment

clippers

Ha Ha ,i just had to mention this but a pair of toenail clippers are absolutely great for getting in close and cutting wire and threads.

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
            Ha Ha ,i just had to mention this but a pair of toenail clippers are absolutely great for getting in close and cutting wire and threads.

Brad
            Thats a good one ! I think we did once have a forum thread about all the more 'unsual tools' that we sometimes find useful (such as cocktail sticks etc) and whilst there is no real replacment for pliers there is lot of other householdy stuff that comes in useful from time to time without having to shell out for expensive bits of 'equipment'
            Mel

Comment

Haven't tried this multi tool out, but I would say you usually need a pair of pliers in each hand to open and close things such as 'jump rings' so not sure how useful a multi tool would be.

Agree that a decent set of cutters is required. Cheap ones will give you jaggered edges when you cut wire.

Debbie
              www.beadservice.net
              On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

I always think that combination tools etc are 'jack of all trades, but master of none'.
                Although the expensive tools are very good all my tools were cheap and have lasted me years.

Melanie

Comment

Working...
                X