Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know where i can get these beads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know where i can get these beads?

Hi there, I have seen some fashion jewellery out there that i really liked and would like to re create in my own way but can't find the beads anywhere, i will try my best to describe. The bracelet was made from large ish discs (prob about 3cms) with a hole through horizontal and there was another bead in the space in the middle of the disk (approx 1cm).

i haven't really discribed it very well so not sure if anyone will have a clue what i'm on about , but hope so.

Claire

I think you might be talking about frame beads.

I know that Swarovski do a circle and square version of these, although I have a feeling that the circle one is being discontinued.

The best way I can describe them is, if you imagine a frame, and you thread from the outside of one edge to the centre, then thread a bead from one side to the other, then thread from the inside of the "frame" to the outside again, so you end up with a bead inside the "frame"...

Is this what you mean?
    I LOVE this horse. He makes me laugh every time I see him. He is mine.

www.uniquebeads.co.uk - Swarovski components, including filigrees
    www.starstruck-designs.co.uk - Beautifully handcrafted tiaras, jewellery and other crystal accessories.

Comment

He he, yes that is a much better description than i did!!!!

Comment

Although I don't sell them, you can find Shell versions of these on bead sites.

They're often flat round or oval shaped, with the centre cut out. They have a hole drilled through, so you could thread a bead which would sit in the centre

The shell is usually dyed, so lots of colours available, and is usually reasonably priced.

Debbie
        www.beadservice.net
        On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Do you mean something like this...

or

(....have a look on my website for more colours)
          Mel

Comment

thanks , yes they are the kind of thing i was looking for

thanks again

claire

Comment

Just looked at your website BeadsbyLili. You have some nice items on there, I'll be placing an order soon.
              Sarah x

Muddle Website
              Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Muddle Jewellery View Post
                Just looked at your website BeadsbyLili. You have some nice items on there, I'll be placing an order soon.
                Ooh - thank you I'm glad you like the selection ! Yes, do come on over for a visit (mention the craft forum and I'll pop some samples in for you too)
                Mel

Comment

Ooh thanks.

Yeah its one of the best beads sites I've seen for variety and I've seen ALOT.
                  Just gotta decide what I want.... this could take a while.
                  Sarah x

Muddle Website
                  Muddle's Facebook Page

Comment

You can also make beads like that yourself out of polymer clay. You roll out the clay in the thickness you want, then using a cookie cutter you cut out the shape you want. Then using a smaller cutter, you cut out the center and remove. Then you bake it in the oven to get your bead. Fun and easy if you learn the tricks!
                    Cindy Lietz, The Polymer Clay Tutor
                    Beginner Tips and Pics at: How To Make Beads
                    "I learned by making mistakes... Now you don't have to."

Comment

Working...
                    X