Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbon and Jewwllery Findings

Hope this is in the right section.
    Is there a way to attatch ribbons to a necklace clasp, like the ribbon was the chain or wire, if that makes sense.
    thanks
    Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
    I came..I saw..I shopped

Originally posted by Kay View Post
    Hope this is in the right section.
    Is there a way to attatch ribbons to a necklace clasp, like the ribbon was the chain or wire, if that makes sense.
    thanks
    Hi Kay, one easy way is to tie a knot right on the end of the ribbon and then put the knot into a calotte (a dot of glue will give extra security). You can then attach a clasp to the calotte with jump rings. Similarly you could use fold over metal 'cord ends'.

Mel

Comment

Thanks Mel, makes perfect sense
      Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
      I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

You can buy ribbon clips and cord ends, I have used cord ends before for a mixture of leather cord and ribbon. I have never used the ribbon clips but plan to...

The cord ends come in different sizes and I use the big ones for doing multi-strand necklaces and the smaller ones for single strand necklaces, they sort if just fold over to hold the leather/ribbon/thread in place

However for wider ribbon I think the clips would work best so you don't have to fold the ribbon
        www.beadlab.com

Comment

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but on this photo of some bracelets I've been making, if you look really hard, you can see the finding, just at the part where the blue ribbon joins the beads. I got a really good deal on these folding crimps on ebay, though, I think I had to buy about 1000 when I really only needed 50!

Argh, nevermind, I forgot I can't post pics yet!

Comment

Working...
          X