Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please my superlon necklace broke....what can I use instead for added strength?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter
    replied
    You won't get tigertail through 11s, your two options are either to try fireline 6lb sizeD , or use a seed bead between every crystal to save the thread contacting any edges. I personally would go for the fireline - it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's ok. It's a learning curve.................
    peter

Leave a comment:

• Pebbles
    replied
    I am not quite sure what superlon is, a quick google search brought up images of thread, so I assume it is like nymo?

You need to look at why it is breaking, is it because the thread is not heavy duty or strong enough to support the weight of the necklace?

OR

Do the beads have sharp edges which are cutting into the thread and shredding it?

Solution for both problems: tigertail or other wire based stringing material secured with 4 crimps on either end (I have a very heavy glass necklace and a very heavy hematite necklace joined together in this manner)

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Help please my superlon necklace broke....what can I use instead for added strength?

Help needed please........

I have made a quite heavy necklace using crystals and have used superlon in the making of it. Then to finish off I had a double row of seed beads and used superlon and went through the seed beads twice for strength, however the necklace has broken in the part where I have used the seed beads, the main component of the necklace is fine. I need to use something stronger when I remake this part, what do you suggest please? I was wondering about fireline but never used that. It needs to be able to fit through size 11 matsuno seed beads. Thanks so much for your help.
    Attached Files
Working...
X