Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can someone explain what type of beading this for me please ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone explain what type of beading this for me please ..

im looking for a course to learn hand beading so that i can make centers for hand tooled flowers, embellish leaves etc, also decorate fascinator bases with either scattered beads or lots of beads all grouped together so almost looks like a cluster of beads
    found this course, but no idea what actually looks like im assuming its a surface decoration but when google image it comes up with really complicated hand beaded lilies and flowers, not exactly what im looking for xT

his two day practical course will cover the basic techniques of ‘French’ hand beading including sequin and beaded flowers, caging stones and fringing. You will work at your own pace and be able to produce a final sample piece. Suitable for all levels.
    blooms & bows - hand made boutique accessories for the tiniest princess to the trendiest mum!
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...23549057752787

Originally posted by fleursmummy View Post
    im looking for a course to learn hand beading so that i can make centers for hand tooled flowers, embellish leaves etc, also decorate fascinator bases with either scattered beads or lots of beads all grouped together so almost looks like a cluster of beads
    found this course, but no idea what actually looks like im assuming its a surface decoration but when google image it comes up with really complicated hand beaded lilies and flowers, not exactly what im looking for xT

his two day practical course will cover the basic techniques of ‘French’ hand beading including sequin and beaded flowers, caging stones and fringing. You will work at your own pace and be able to produce a final sample piece. Suitable for all levels.
    Hiya, if you're asking what French beading is then your Google searches have shown you. If you just want to be able to sew beads on in little groups and then have them scattered around (on fabric?) then maybe just get some cheap beads and some good thread and have a little play around? There are also lots of beading resources online (I used to have them bookmarked once upon a time but not any more) but it sounds as though you just want to group little clusters of beads and then have them scattered around so I'd suggest using little beads in different sizes to add texture and interest.
    Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

thanks blackwillow, thats exactly it but wondered if there was a *professional* way of applying the beads, had a go at tambour beading but sadly didnt practice or keep it up.
      i want to add interest as you say with groups of beads or lines and swirls of bugle beads to create some sort of detailing on millinery leaves etc .. bit silly they're advertising a course with no pictures to back up what you may/may not be learning!
      blooms & bows - hand made boutique accessories for the tiniest princess to the trendiest mum!
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...23549057752787

Comment

That sounds to me like bead embroidery. There are lots of good video tutes online that will give you tips and hints.
        Heather
        Pretty Things Handmade Jewellery

Website - www.prettythingsjewellery.co.uk

Destash bead and papercrafting shop - http://www.misi.co.uk/handmade/BlackCatBeads.html

New blog - www.prettythingsandwitterings.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X