Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did anyone go to The Nottingham Bead Show last year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did anyone go to The Nottingham Bead Show last year?

There is another bead fair in Nottingham this November. Did anyone goto or hear if last years was any good? I've been asked to find out as the last 2 bead fairs we've been to were very disappointing especially after having to travel and then pay to get in.

Can anyone recommend any good bead fairs for this year and next year. We're after unusual glass beads and large semi-precious beads 10mm + but would like to avoid chinese if possible.

thanks in advance, we're based approx. junct 28 of the M1.

I didn't go last year, but I have a stand there this year. The website for the Nottingham Fair is here You could check the exhibitors websites to see if they have the sort of beads you want.

For a good selection of gemstone beads, try Rock, Gem and Bead fairs The nearest one for you is Newark, which is held twice a year in March and September, but they do shows all around the country.

There are also a couple that spe******e in lampworked beads, the Flame Off in Towcester in April, and one in, I think, Stourbridge, sometime in August.
    Celia
    I can't be creative and tidy too
    www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
    The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
    Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Completely agree with Celia - the Rock Gem and Bead fairs are by far the best for what you're looking for.

As she says, the Flame Off is the best bet for Lampwork, and the glass fair at the bonded warehouse in Stourbridge (over August bank holiday weekend) promises to be especially good next year as the Biennale festival is bigger than ever.
      george
      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Nottingham Bead Fair

We had a stall there last year and had a great day.
        We'll be there this year too
        Sue & Steve Gill
        Email: [email protected]
        Web: www.dobeadoo.com
        Blog www.dobeadoo.posterous.com
        Facebook www.facebook.com/dobeadoo

Comment

Working...
        X