Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I ?

Hi everyone

Where can I find a bead shop that can go and look at the beads and tools around the Barnsley/Sheffield/Doncaster/Rotherham/Pontefract/Wakefield area

Does anyone know please

Thank you

Angie

I know Jencel on here http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/member.php?33437-jencel has an occasional bead shop in Sheffield, not sure when her next one is but you could always send her a message to ask if she doesn't see this thread.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Thank you

Comment

there is Burhouse in Harrogate. I know they are wholesale so I guess it would depend on what you wanted to buy?
        Wendy x

http://pixiedustjewellery.blogspot.com/ - My New Blog

http://icraft.moonfruit.com Hull & East Yorkshire's Craft Group

http://facebook.com/pages/Pixie-Dust...28723157141186 my Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks Wendy

will have a look at them

as am just starting out am looking at getting the tools and the beads wires findings etc to start me off so would have to see what there terms and conditions are

next have to decide on a name get in touch with hmrc and tax credits and also business link etc have the number of someone to help with a business plan

also already have my own website which can add a second domain onto so thats a help

Comment

There's Yum Yum beads in Leeds and I'm pretty sure someone opened another shop in Sheffield after Jencel closed. There is also Beadazzle beads in Gomersal.
            Not visited any of them though!
            More and more general craft shops stock beads these days too.
            Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Thank you, nattynetty. Angie, I'll pm you the details.

There are also quite a lot of bead fairs around the country. There's Summer Crafting in Doncaster 16th/17th July, which is papercraft with some bead stands. I'll send you details of the ones I'm doing, and you can see if you can get to any.
              Celia
              I can't be creative and tidy too
              www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
              The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
              Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Jencel and Bea

Jencel that would be great if you could send the details

oh crikey Leeds my partner is soooooooooooo going to not love me dragging him round there especially as its his money thats being used to start me off lol he hates driving to and around Leeds where I love cities but then am a born and bred city girl as was born in Manchester city centre lol

Comment

Angie, I've just tried to send you a pm, but got a message to say that you won't receive it. I'm not sure why, maybe there's a button to click to opt in to receiving messages? The details of my occasional bead shop are in my signature.
                  Celia
                  I can't be creative and tidy too
                  www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
                  The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
                  Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Jencel thats strange but did have a problem around mid-day with my account as had changed my password so could of been that that caused it

have looked at your shop some lovely things in there

Comment

I wouldn't come to Leeds just to visit Yum Yum. Its small & expensive. I tend to use it for buying a few beads if my earring box is getting a bit low or in an emergency (though more often than not they can't help).

I haven't been to Bedazzle as I don't drive but I have heard others rave about it & its not that from Leeds.

We also have a Hobbycraft in Leeds also expensive but very handy as its only 5mins on the bus from me.
                      JOIAS DESIGNS

Comment

Thank you PJKARKS

as am just starting out and needing tools aswell am hoping not to spend a complete fortune (well can hope lol)

will try and get through to bedazzle
                        and Jencel has her events up on her site now so can make a few of those hopefully to

Comment

There used to be an infinite bead shop in Notts but I think it may have ceased trading. There is an infinite homepage that sells beads but I have not used it :O)
                          Sally Bee
                          www.yourfad.com
                          @yourfad on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfreak View Post
                            there is Burhouse in Harrogate. I know they are wholesale so I guess it would depend on what you wanted to buy?
                            Hiya Burhouse are also at Huddersfield. very big place they only do trade not retail so you need to be a business, or have a reference from a member, but if you want to go and look round first contact me and I'll take you if you want to.
                            Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Originally posted by Bea View Post
                              There's Yum Yum beads in Leeds and I'm pretty sure someone opened another shop in Sheffield after Jencel closed. There is also Beadazzle beads in Gomersal.
                              Not visited any of them though!
                              More and more general craft shops stock beads these days too.
                              Both yum yum and bedazzle are retail shops but they do have a good selection of items if you only want a few things, Have you visited a bead fair, Jancel holds some or spring and autumn bead fairs at Harrogate show ground.
                              Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Working...
                              X