Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I thread disc beads/ button beads with one hole so they lay flat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I thread disc beads/ button beads with one hole so they lay flat?

Hi there! I have got some lovely disc beads (like a button but with only one hole in the center). Some time ago I found a tutorial on the internet on how to thread them and I can't find it now and have forgotten how to do it! Is what I want to do is thread them so all the beads sit flat alongside each other if you see what I mean, I remember you have to thread one then flip the next one over after you have threaded it or something, can someone help me please?? As I am desperate to make this beautiful necklace! Many Thanks! Laura.

Try threading through the hole,thread on a seed bead, or a small bead, and thread back through the hole.

Or try using two lengths of thread, and take both through the hole, one going from front to back, and one from back to front of your discs.

I'll look forward to seeing your finished necklace, and how you managed to do it. You might have to play around a bit to get it to sit well.
    Celia
    I can't be creative and tidy too
    www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
    The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
    Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Awww thanks Ceila!! I've got it, knew it was simple! Can't wait to get started on it now! You are wonderful!

Comment

thank you, Laura. It's not often anyone calls me wonderful, but it's great when they do

Hope you get on ok with your necklace.
        Celia
        I can't be creative and tidy too
        www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
        The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
        Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X