Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello ! Looking for large beads, any recommendations ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello ! Looking for large beads, any recommendations ?

Hi
    Im new to the forum but wanted to see if anyone had found a website selling large beads. Im looking for something quite large, say at least 3 or 4 cms across but just havent found anything much to choose from.

Many thanks

Nikki

Hi.
    It depends if you're looking for glass or metal beads, or acrylic, wood, or other materials. Also, what kind of quantity, mixed assortments, or one-off special beads.
    Lampwork beads/pendants are normally bigger, they can be expensive but can be a beautiful focal point of a necklace.
    Acrylic beads are far less expensive and you can buy in bulk. These days they can look quite good - not "plasticy". Assortments aimed at children normally have large beads in bright colours.
    If you prefer nice big glass/wooden/metal beads, there are plenty of online places to try and I'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations here, if you give us an idea what you're after.
    www.treasurebin.com
    Craft supplies, Cakeware, Crystals
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Blog

Comment

Have you tried ebay....just google in large beads and see what come up. There is a shop on ebay called tqboy pretty choice that do large gemstones at very resonable prices.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Carol
      Carol
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/CarolShawJewellery

Comment

Hi again,

Sorry if i was a bit vague earlier. Im looking for large glass beads or good quality plastic that i can use on a chunky necklace. The accessory shops seem full of big chunky necklaces but i cant seem to find them in any of my usual bead outlets.

Nikki

Comment

Hi Nikki

I started stocking these large acrylic beads as there was so much demand due to similar things in the shops. They look fab finished off with ribbon or chain. They are on the website on the 'Let's Go Shopping' page in different colours. Have a mooch and see what you think

Luby

Beadelicious
          Be Bold - Be Beautiful - Beadelicious
          Give us a shout - [email protected]

Comment

ooops sorry - didn't mean to attach those pictures all the way through my last message - technology got the better of me there
            Luby

Beadelicious
            Be Bold - Be Beautiful - Beadelicious
            Give us a shout - [email protected]

Comment

I have a habit of making my lampwork beads hollow and quite large I think it's because I'm not exactly 'dainty' myself. I haven't been on the forum long though, so I'm not exactly sure if I'm allowed to 'advertise'. Wil go and check the rules and come back to this thread.

Comment

Thought so, I haven't been here and posted enough (joined this forum predominantly to talk about scrapping!). So, a good place to find lampwork beads would be Etsy; there are lots of Uk based lampworkers (including me). If you search for tags like 'hollow', that will bring up the larger sized beads.

Agrtee with the other person who said acrylic beads would be good; they can be huge but still remain quite lightweight.

Comment

I but some beads on ebay although you can never be sure of the quality of what you buy, I occassionally take a trip to hobycraft to see whats new there but they tend to be quite pricey & depends if you have one near to you.
                  Otherwise etsy is a good place to look, or http://www.totallybeads.co.uk/index.html
                  this website totally beads has a good selection at reasonable prices!
                  Karen

http://www.etsy.com/shop/karensBeadCreations
                  https://www.facebook.com/KarensbeadCreations

Comment

Working...
                  X