Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to make beads for pandora bracelets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to make beads for pandora bracelets?

(Yep, I'm back!)

I was looking at a bead direct catalogue I had been sent last night, and I would love to have a go at making a pandora bracelet, but I would really, really like to do it all and make the beads myself too! I was thinking maybe fimo?

But I havnt got a clue where to start - anyone tried it in the past and could give me some pointers? What are the metal bits that go in the middle - are they called grommets or something like that?

TIA

Claire x

It sounds like a great idea as the glass ones can be really heavy on a full bracelet.

These are what you need
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100X-Silver-Pl...-/160437774709
    As far as I know they come in two parts which you put into each side so they meet in the middle similar to an eyelet. I'm not sure if you would put them in before you cook the beads or just glue them in afterwards.
    I know you can get sterling ones as well.

Melanie
    Last edited by silvermaid; 26-05-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Thank-you Melanie!

They are cheaper than I expected, which is good!

Now Ive just got to find out how to use them to make beads!

Thanks

Claire x

Comment

I'm not sure if Fimo shrinks when it's cooked but a 5mm knitting needle will be perfect for the holes, or maybe a 4mm one is it does shrink. Have a look in the charity shops for knitting needles if you haven't got any as they are really cheap there.
        They have some in the uk for the same price
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-SILVER-PLA...item51919558ff

Melanie
        Last edited by silvermaid; 26-05-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Thank-you Melanie, Im going to "borrow" some knitting needles from my mother and give it a go!

Can I just check one thing as you seem like you know what you are talking about! Do I put the middles in after the beads are cooked, or press them in before i put them in the oven? (if i use fimo?)

I am having a dopey moment and cant remember if fimo shrinks even though I have used it loads in the past! I think it is down to not crafting for nearly 3 months and also being zapped twice a week!!!!! Can anyone help me out?

Claire x

Comment

Originally posted by claireybear View Post
            Thank-you Melanie, Im going to "borrow" some knitting needles from my mother and give it a go!

Can I just check one thing as you seem like you know what you are talking about! Do I put the middles in after the beads are cooked, or press them in before i put them in the oven? (if i use fimo?)

I am having a dopey moment and cant remember if fimo shrinks even though I have used it loads in the past! I think it is down to not crafting for nearly 3 months and also being zapped twice a week!!!!! Can anyone help me out?

Claire x
            It doesn't shrink If you press the silver parts into the bead before baking, you'll probably get a better fit, but you'll still have to pop them out after baking and glue them in again, as metal won't bond permanently to clay. HTH
            ContinuumDesigns- artisan polymer clay beads for one-of-a-kind designs.

The FHFTeam - featuring glass, jewellery and art handmade in the UK.

Comment

Thank-you very much! I cant wait to get started now!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X