I take my hat off to..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I take my hat off to..

all you Beaders out there. I have just spent 4 hours trying to sew green beads round the edge of a crochetted flower. For every bead I finally got on the needle 4 went on the floor. Thread knotted, shredded, broke, and straight lines. what straight line? The only thing I have gained is a great deal of respect for all beaders. Prob. won't be trying again. lol.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

I'm with you there Carol, give be big stones and lampwork anyday to work with rather than those fiddly little things. Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

There is a knack to picking up beads - I am in the process of making some short videos of "How to" shall I make that my next one?
      Ps if it's as good as my "How to thread your needle" it will have you laughing your socks off
      Chris xx
      My Website
      My Blog

Comment

Don't do it for me Chris. I don't think I will be trying again, eyesight is obviously not good enough for one thing and patience is too short for another.
        This is the pathetic result of goodness knows how many hours work.

Carol

Comment

I am with you there, Carol - I just wouldn't have the patience! My beads would end up thrown across the room in frustration!!

And I don't think it is a pathetic attempt - your flower looks beautiful (despite the slightly blurry photo!) A testiment to how it pays to persevere!
          Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
          Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
          Follow me on Twitter:
          @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Carol the thing is my way your eyesight's not an issue - i am similarly challenged xx it looks good
            Chris xx
            My Website
            My Blog

Comment

Haha. there is a very good reason why the pic is blury. So you can't see all the faults.
              Carol

Comment

Ok this post comes with a warning lol - no script, no camera operator just me, my kitchen table and my little camera
                http://chrislinacre.co.uk/?q=content/pick-beads
                Chris xx
                My Website
                My Blog

Comment

You make it look so easy. OK, I'll think about it. lol.
                  Carol

Comment

I think your flower looks great, Critchley.

I used to think as you do about seed beading, but I've taken it up over the last couple of years. I sit there on the sofa with a bead tray, while the boring tv is on, and try not to stab OH with the needle, and I've come to love it.

Good video, Chris. You sound very clear.
                    Celia
                    I can't be creative and tidy too
                    www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
                    The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
                    Jencel on Facebook

Comment

oh Carol it looks lovely! my mum would love the colour, she loves anything green!

I'm with you on the beading though, it hurts my eyes just thinking about it. I've tried putting seed beads in my mosaics, I'm only having to glue them in, but that is bad enough and as you say, more end up on the floor than anywhere else!
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

On the funny side, OH has hoovered, (and thats a first as he doesn't normally) so I have lost them all anyway. It must all be judgement on me.
                        Carol

Comment

I sympathise with you, just spent 3 hours making a bracelet with part seed beads, nothing as complex as your pretty flower, but my eyes have definitely gone skew whiff

Dainty Rocks Jewellery ~ www.daintyrocks.etsy.com ~ www.daintyrocks.co.uk ~ @DaintyRocks

Comment

Oh thats lovely. I would never aspire to anything like that. In fact. I think my beading days are over.
                            Carol

Comment

Thanks
                              I tried one bead.....didn't think it would take me long to knock up a bracelet, silly me
                              Not the effect I was hoping for, was trying to get six strands of seed beads evenly round a big bead, but they all seem to sit to one side- think i like it this way anyway, I won't be doing it again
                              Dainty Rocks Jewellery ~ www.daintyrocks.etsy.com ~ www.daintyrocks.co.uk ~ @DaintyRocks

Comment

Working...
                              X