pre threaded needles v doing it yourself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre threaded needles v doing it yourself

i am currently using griffin silk which is already attatched to a needle and comes in length of 2m. i am hoping to sell my jewellery to a local shop to help fuel my beading addiction but was wondering if it is cheaper to thread the silk yourself? and if it is ... how would i go about threading my own silk and what silk to buy?

thanks for checking this out x
    Its pretty AND it sparkles !!! me want

my jewellery http://www.folksy.com/shops/Stranded

What kind of jewellery are you making? There are lots of different threads and the one to use depends on what you are making - check out Fireline, Nymo and KO Thread
    Chris xx
    My Website
    My Blog

Comment

There's the beading wires too, for stringing necklaces. They come in 7, 19, 21 and 49 strand. You use these with crimps, like this or like this The first methods is ok for light necklaces, and the second one for anything heavier.
      Celia
      I can't be creative and tidy too
      www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
      The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
      Jencel on Facebook

Comment

i make pearl and gemstone necklaces. i have used beading wire that you crimp but prefer to use thread that i can knot, i like the finished look .
        Its pretty AND it sparkles !!! me want

my jewellery http://www.folksy.com/shops/Stranded

Comment

The good thing about the griffin silk thread, which has the attached needle, means that you don't need to double up the thread, so it will go through the holes of the beads easier. Although if you

At Kernowcraft we sell a variety of other threading options as well as beading wires and silk. Something you might be interested in is a synthetic thread like this or silkon thread, which are available in many different colours which you can co-ordinate with your chosen gemstones, which works well. Also with these threads you can stiffen the end with superglue and so don't need a needle, which means you don't have to double over the thread (as you would using a needle) this is quite useful, as often gemstone beads can have quite small holes.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes

Hannah
          WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Kernowcraft Rocks & Gems Ltd
          Your Destination For Gemstones & Jewellery Making - Since 1967

For jewellery making advice, call our friendly team on 01872 573888

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+

Comment

Originally posted by Kernowcraft View Post
            The good thing about the griffin silk thread, which has the attached needle, means that you don't need to double up the thread, so it will go through the holes of the beads easier. Although if you

At Kernowcraft we sell a variety of other threading options as well as beading wires and silk. Something you might be interested in is a synthetic thread like this or silkon thread, which are available in many different colours which you can co-ordinate with your chosen gemstones, which works well. Also with these threads you can stiffen the end with superglue and so don't need a needle, which means you don't have to double over the thread (as you would using a needle) this is quite useful, as often gemstone beads can have quite small holes.

Hannah

Hannah...

Great tip about the super glue thanks
            Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Working...
            X