Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making powdered glass beads

Hi all

I would love to learn how to make powdered glass beads similar to the ones they make in Ghana .... WITHOUT having to go to Ghana ;-))

Can anybody out there point me to a book/video/website/class in UK?!!!

Many thanks in advance

Beads made in Ghana

Hi
    I went to Ghana in April and saw glass bead making! I'm going back in January to spend more time and learn more. I will then start giving talks about it! Am also going to try to replicate the technique over here in the UK! anyone interested to hear more and keep up with my plans and travels? (I'm not a junior member but don't know how to change that info!!)
    Last edited by Lesley Woodcock; 09-08-2007, 09:58 PM. Reason: wanted to add more

Comment

Glass bead making in Ghana?

Hi Lesley,

I am very interested in your plans and travels. If possible, could you let me know where you saw the glass bead making as i am going over to Ghana in a month or so and i would love to go and see the beads being made.
      Many thanks, Krissy.

Originally posted by Lesley Woodcock View Post
      Hi
      I went to Ghana in April and saw glass bead making! I'm going back in January to spend more time and learn more. I will then start giving talks about it! Am also going to try to replicate the technique over here in the UK! anyone interested to hear more and keep up with my plans and travels? (I'm not a junior member but don't know how to change that info!!)

Comment

Hi Lesley

I would love to hear more about your experiences in Ghana as well! Please keep me updated... Do you have a blog??

F
        www.hellobeads.co.uk
        Hello Beads Online Bead Shop- "Little Things, Great Joy"

Comment

Hi Krissy - I went to a place called Cedi Beads in Udumase-Krobo in the eastern region of Ghana it's about a two hour drive from Accra the capital. It's a wonderful place - the techniques used are so primitive but fascinating! Where will you be staying and how long are you going for?

Lesley

Comment

Hi F - forgive me I'm struggling with this forum and how it works!!
            Did you want to know about the whole Ghana experience or just the beads/crafty bits?!

Lesley

Comment

Ghana beads

Hi Lesley,
              My husband has a contract out there and i am hopefully going to be joining him in the new year. He is based in Bogoso near Tarkwa which i think is further away from Udumase-Krobo. But if i do go over i will definitely pop in and take a look.
              Many thanks for the information and let me know when you go over as i might be there the same time!

Comment

Ghana beads

Hi Krissy - I'm hoping to go on 6th January and return 20th - will be travelling all around to learn different techiques in bead making! Check out my article 'My adventure to Ghana' which is about my last trip, in the latest Bead magazine (issue 6).
                Lesley

Comment

(I'm not a junior member but don't know how to change that info!!)
                  That just means your a junior member on this site as you have only made 6 posts
                  Cake Toppers http://huntersdesigns.co.uk
                  My etsy http://peculiarforest.etsy.com
                  My Blog http://peculiarforest.blogspot.com

Comment

Ghana beads

Originally posted by Lesley Woodcock View Post
                    Hi Krissy - I'm hoping to go on 6th January and return 20th - will be travelling all around to learn different techiques in bead making! Check out my article 'My adventure to Ghana' which is about my last trip, in the latest Bead magazine (issue 6).
                    Lesley

Have just returned from my second trip to Ghana! This time I went travelling around local villages learning about different bead making techniques! Real fun and learnt loads!

Comment

Beads in Ghana

Have just returned from my second trip to Ghana! travelled around the local villages learning about different bead making!

Comment

Working...
                      X