Help! Need Necklace making advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need Necklace making advice!

Hi all you clever beaders! My friend bought me some gorgeous beads as a crafty gift for my birthday, one is just so beautiful that i would love to just pop it in a wire choker style necklace - is this something that is easy to do? Any idea where i can get just plain choker necklaces from?

I have no idea how to make necklaces so i'm not sure if it is even possible to just thread a bead on and bob's your uncle! Please help i would love to give this to my auntie for her bday....

Lisa xx
    eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
    www.buttonberry.com
    www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
    buttonberry.typepad.com

Is the hole through the bead horizontal or diaginal? If horizontal then yes you can just thread them on wire, try jillysbeads. Look at findings/stringing materials then you want something like tigertail.
    If the hole is diaginal you nead to put something like a head pin through it first and then attach it to the wire. That's something i don't really do so not the best one for advice!!
    Those choker neclaces that you can put a bead on i'm sure i've seen them somewhere, off to have a looksee....

Ah had a look in jillys, they have got choker memory wire, it's in the chains and memory wire section, not sure if this is the sort of thing you were after....
    Last edited by icecreamgirl; 12-05-2007, 04:03 PM.
    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Do a search on ebay for a choker with screw ball. I've found memory wire to be a bit useless if you're using a heavier pendant. With a screwball choker, you can remove a ball, pop the pendant on and then put the ball back on.
      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

You will need to make sure the choker is not too thick to slide the bead on.
        I have some tigertail choker with a magnetic clasp but the hole of the bead still needs to be at least 2.4mm.
        If you use memory wire which is less than 1mm thick, you can use seed beads (tiny beads, oftern 1 to 2.5mm) on either side of the bead/pendant to hide the wire, or use rubber tubing to cover the wire.
        Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Excellent thanks Bea, i'm still very new to the necklace making craft!!
          eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
          www.buttonberry.com
          www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
          buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Working...
          X