Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmtree Charms
    replied
    Also interested in seeing your finished beads - could be a new line for you!
    Susan

Leave a comment:

• just sally
    replied
    can you post a picture when you have made them, I`m looking forward to seeing them
    You know that we all love beads
    sally

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    If the beads are chunky then maybe the holes would need to be at least 2mm. Possibly her thread is 1-2mm. Would be interested to know and then to see what you make!

Leave a comment:

• bodrighy
    replied
    Makes sense, I'll give her a ring and ask what sizes she wants the holes

pete

Leave a comment:

• Bluestar Jewellery
    replied
    I tortally agree with you guys, you should ask the customer.
    All depends on what she/he use to put them together.

I found an interesting site.
    http://www.firemountaingems.com/ency...=beadholesizes
    No wooden bead size, but hope it gives you some idea.

Leave a comment:

• Emmalou
    replied
    I agree with jinja,asking the customer what size holes they require is probably best,although I'm suprised they didn't specify that when they asked you to make them.

Leave a comment:

• jinja jewellery
    replied
    Most wooden beads I've seen come with quite large holes from 3mm up but I'd ask the customer what size hole she requires as it would depend on what she was going to string them on.

Leave a comment:

• bodrighy
    started a topic Advice needed

Advice needed

I have been asked to make some wooden beads for someone. Now beads to me are things that end up in the hoover when the string breaks so I know about as much as I do about nuclear fission...correction, less. The lady wants beads from 8mm - 20mm and all sorts of shapes. I can make them no problem but how big do I make the holes through the middle? I assume they will be different for different sizes so if anyone can give me some advice I would be grateful

pete
Working...
X