using flowers in necklaces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using flowers in necklaces

My daughter has shown me a beautiful necklace, with a rose and some other flower attached.
    It also has different size beads attached to the chain.
    Does anyone know where I might be able to get flowers that would suit this type of necklace.
    The picture was from the internet. I dont know if I could upload it for you to see. Of course daughter can't remember website for me to get more info.
    Thank you for reading.
    Rolopolo

Depends what kind of flowers you want these are made with poly clay. but you can buy ceramic or glass.
    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

I have read a thread on a forum before that it is possible to make
      real flowers as a pendant. They used certain chemicals to prevent it from decaying.

Comment

Re:

Wow! What a beautiful flower necklace! it's perfect for summer.
        DUI Arizona

Comment

Not a necklace, but a flower bracelet. I know I bought the beads on line but it was about 18months ago and I cant remember where from :-(

Last edited by craftybeader; 23-02-2010, 07:12 PM.
          Bedecked Beads-Handcrafted Jewellery from Scotland

http://www.facebook.com/bedeckedbeads

Comment

You could also get some lucite ones, depends what look you're after. A company called Nostalgia do some nice mixed packs.

Helena xxx

Comment

Yes, you can do that with rose petals and I've seen a couple of books with recipes. It's a very old recipe for creating rose beads. You pick the petals from your rose bush and them soak them in a solution. Unfortunately, I don't remember what you soak the petals in but I'm sure if you do an online search you can find the recipe. It's nice because the beads smell like roses when they're dry and the jewelery that you make will last for years too.

Originally posted by nsterling View Post
              I have read a thread on a forum before that it is possible to make
              real flowers as a pendant. They used certain chemicals to prevent it from decaying.

Comment

Working...
              X